Rate my keeper team

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
blurred

Rate my keeper team

Postby blurred » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:59 pm

It's a second year keeper team in a 14 team 9x9 H2H Yahoo league (extra categories include OPS, BB and K for hitters, and K/9, QS and Holds for pitchers).

I've got one more pick-up to make once Harvey is put on the DL - where do the brains trust of Razzball say I need to reinforce?

C - Carlos Santana
1B - Brandon Moss
2B - Ben Zobrist
3B - Nolan Arenado
SS - Elvis Andrus
OF - Ryan Braun
OF - Yasiel Puig
OF - Shin Soo-Choo
Util - Josh Rutledge
Bench - George Springer

SP - Homer Bailey, Doug Fister, Francisco Liriano, Patrick Corbin, AJ Burnett
RP - David Robertson, Jason Grilli, Tyler Clippard
Bench - Rick Porcello, Chris Tillman, Matt Harvey

Grey

Re: Rate my keeper team

Postby Grey » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:34 pm

It's a second year keeper team in a 14 team 9x9 H2H Yahoo league (extra categories include OPS, BB and K for hitters, and K/9, QS and Holds for pitchers).

I've got one more pick-up to make once Harvey is put on the DL - where do the brains trust of Razzball say I need to reinforce?

C - Carlos Santana
1B - Brandon Moss
2B - Ben Zobrist
3B - Nolan Arenado
SS - Elvis Andrus
OF - Ryan Braun
OF - Yasiel Puig
OF - Shin Soo-Choo
Util - Josh Rutledge
Bench - George Springer

SP - Homer Bailey, Doug Fister, Francisco Liriano, Patrick Corbin, AJ Burnett
RP - David Robertson, Jason Grilli, Tyler Clippard
Bench - Rick Porcello, Chris Tillman, Matt Harvey
Team's not bad, per se... You look low on OPS, probably QS and high on steals. Rutledge seems kinda useless as a UTIL man but you can hold for now until someone emerges from waivers... Pitching looks fine (outside of the possible QS problem)... QS are fickle so I don't think it's a pressing issue...
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

blurred

Re: Rate my keeper team

Postby blurred » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:57 pm

Team's not bad, per se... You look low on OPS, probably QS and high on steals. Rutledge seems kinda useless as a UTIL man but you can hold for now until someone emerges from waivers... Pitching looks fine (outside of the possible QS problem)... QS are fickle so I don't think it's a pressing issue...
Thanks for the feedback, Grey - it's a strange league in terms of the keeper rules, you can only keep players you draft (ie if you drop someone you've drafted, or pick anyone up off waivers, they're back in the draft pool the following year), which leads to some slightly odd draft strategies and a relatively low amount of streaming/waiver action during the season.

From initial impressions there's not a huge deal on waivers, but I'll have some flexibility with Harvey going to the DL effectively giving me the excuse to play with whatever hot hand I can find. Will keep an eye out for some OPS help. Cheers!

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”