Is it Junichi or Koji ???

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
SanFran1966

Is it Junichi or Koji ???

Postby SanFran1966 » Mon May 06, 2013 8:43 pm

Send the Red Cross to Fenway. Hanrahan injured...

Per MLB.com Junichi is next in line... Koji could be the guy based on numbers the last 2 years...

Mauddib

Re: Is it Junichi or Koji ???

Postby Mauddib » Mon May 06, 2013 9:12 pm

I would go with Koji but when you start looking at #3 in line it start becoming a coin flip.

microwave donut

Postby microwave donut » Tue May 07, 2013 10:30 am

I'm guessing by committee. If I had to go with one guy, I'm taking the one who's 11 years younger and can get his fastball over 90mph.

Basketball: 19 team roto keeper; weekly locks; start 10 util.

John Wall
Kawhi Leonard
Marc Gasol
Dwayne Wade
Bradley Beal
Danny Green
Ed Davis
Anthony Morrow
Matt Barnes
Kevin Garnett
Boris Diaw
Rasual Butler
Danny Granger

microwave donut

Postby microwave donut » Tue May 07, 2013 11:00 am

Basketball: 19 team roto keeper; weekly locks; start 10 util.

John Wall
Kawhi Leonard
Marc Gasol
Dwayne Wade
Bradley Beal
Danny Green
Ed Davis
Anthony Morrow
Matt Barnes
Kevin Garnett
Boris Diaw
Rasual Butler
Danny Granger

Men-in-Cleats

Postby Men-in-Cleats » Tue May 07, 2013 4:00 pm

Koji is one of those relievers that never seems to get the gig, no matter how wide open it seems to be. I held him for ages in his previous location thinking he'd get the gig and it never came. It's like some relievers that fantasy folks like to peg as next in line instead end up with the bullpen version of the "friend card". The Koji types will get to sit there while the manager talks about trying to find a reliable closer and whenever a breakup occurs they get their hopes up that their solid peripherals will give them a chance but the manager "doesn't want to complicate their relationship by taking them out of the 8th inning" and bypasses him for some guy with a flashy K/9 and a questionable walk-rate. I just picture this manager sitting down with his buddy, the Koji-type, and complaining about how he gave his current closer the most beautiful three-run league with the bottom of the order coming to the plate and how he just can't believe he hit a batter, walked two, let one score on a wild pitch, before giving up two more on a hanging slider to tie the game. To make this even more painful the the "friend-zoned" reliever he gets to see the team score on a walkoff bottom of the ninth and see his erratic competition get rewarded with a W for his efforts while his 1-2-3 eighth goes down as a yawnstipating hold, which nobody outside of fantasy gives a rat's ass about.

For other examples look at Adams and Gregerson when they were both in San Diego. Adams eventually left town only to still get stuck behind others while last season Gregerson got his shot only to be passed over for Thatcher and his less-than-impressive resume. I'm cheering for Junichi in this cases since Koji was gone in both leagues and I nabbed the former instead.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RCL In Trout We Trust: Bosch Brothers
C-Pierzinski, 1B Goldy, 2B Cano, SS Castro, 3B Prado, MI Lowrie, CI Youk, OF Ellsbury, OF Morse, OF Aoki, OF Rios, OF Swisher, UT C. Johnson, DL Cespedes, BN Buck, BN Alonso
P's Scherzer, Samardzija, Ogando, Nathan, Perez, Hanrahan, Betancourt, Fujikawa (DL), Streamer, Streamer

12-Tm Mixed league(OBP): Three Out Rally
C-Perez, 1B Votto, 2B Rutledge, SS Castro, 3B Longoria, MI (rotating door), CI I. Davis, OF Jennings, OF Choo, OF Aioki, OF Morse, OF Cruz, UT Moss, UT Cain, BN Young Jr., BN Bonifacio, BN Schierholtz, BN J. Francisco
P's- Bumgarner, Zimmerman, Ryu, Estrada, Lincecum, Quintana, Chapman, Holland, Wilhelmsen, League, Francisco (DL)

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”