Open bench. Who to call up?

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
Giacoo

Open bench. Who to call up?

Postby Giacoo » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:48 pm

Still debating the best moves. Who to grab for bench who to grab after dropping Scutaro.
I know I need a better hitter in my utility spot.

For my bench, I like Gardner and Cain. Although, I looked at Donaldson. He plays in a tough park and in the same division as a lot of good pitching, but he's full-time, middle of the lineup hitter with some power. He seems to be contributing in fantasy cats such as our format.

I just wonder if it's best to have a backup OF. Aoki has been slow to start and had no backup for him till he gets going.

Also, I do like Didi. Maybe drop Scutaro for Didi?

H2H - Mixed, points, daily moves, 12 teams, W-L-T
Cats:
R, H, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, TB, A, FPCT, AVG, OPS

ROSTER
C Yadier Molina (StL - C)
1B Prince Fielder (Det - 1B)
2B Daniel Murphy (NYM - 1B,2B)
3B Matt Carpenter (StL - 1B,3B,OF)
SS Ben Zobrist (TB - 2B,SS,OF)
OF Alex Gordon (KC - OF)
OF Norichika Aoki (Mil - OF)
OF Torii Hunter (Det - OF)
Util Marco Scutaro (SF - 2B,3B,SS)

BN
BN Erick Aybar (LAA - SS) DL

DL Ryan Zimmerman (Was - 3B)
DL Corey Hart (Mil - 1B,OF)

FA - Waiver
Josh Donaldson (Oak - 3B)
Lorenzo Cain (KC - OF)
Brett Gardner (NYY - OF)
Didi Gregorius (Ari - SS)
Nate McLouth (Bal - OF)
Brandon Moss (Oak - 1B,OF)
A.J. Pollock (Ari - OF)
Cody Ross (Ari - OF)

Mauddib

Re: Open bench. Who to call up?

Postby Mauddib » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:09 pm

Honestly I don't think any of these guys are long term players. Moss is probably the guy I would go with right now but really any guy that looks like he is playing hot, I would grab. When he cools off then drop him and grab the next hot bat.

Men-in-Cleats

Re: Open bench. Who to call up?

Postby Men-in-Cleats » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:19 am

Why are you stashing Aybar? Decent average but scored less than 70 runs last year in 142 games. Not really worth holding since you don't have a MI spot. On the rare occasion Zobrist sits you get a minscule chance he steals a base for you. I'd definitely consider Moss since he's hot and also because he is eligible at both 1B and OF. I'd probably add Cain as well since he's been hot and is probably more likely to keep up the production than Didi. Cain should definitely have more production than Didi in the long run and could replace Aoki until he gets on track again. Gardner and McLouth are also tempting but they don't bring much power and your roster looks like it's pretty much punting steals right now.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RCL In Trout We Trust: Bosch Brothers
C-Pierzinski, 1B Goldy, 2B Cano, SS Castro, 3B Prado, MI Lowrie, CI Youk, OF Ellsbury, OF Morse, OF Aoki, OF Rios, OF Swisher, UT C. Johnson, DL Cespedes, BN Buck, BN Alonso
P's Scherzer, Samardzija, Ogando, Nathan, Perez, Hanrahan, Betancourt, Fujikawa (DL), Streamer, Streamer

12-Tm Mixed league(OBP): Three Out Rally
C-Perez, 1B Votto, 2B Rutledge, SS Castro, 3B Longoria, MI (rotating door), CI I. Davis, OF Jennings, OF Choo, OF Aioki, OF Morse, OF Cruz, UT Moss, UT Cain, BN Young Jr., BN Bonifacio, BN Schierholtz, BN J. Francisco
P's- Bumgarner, Zimmerman, Ryu, Estrada, Lincecum, Quintana, Chapman, Holland, Wilhelmsen, League, Francisco (DL)

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”