Just Drafted - Harsh Criticism Appreciated

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
thefounteeners

Just Drafted - Harsh Criticism Appreciated

Postby thefounteeners » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:23 pm

11th pick each round in a straight draft. 12 team 5x5 roto with IP instead of K. Limited to 10 FA pickups all year. (Round)

C: Rosario (9)
C: Martin (23)
1b: Goldschmidt (3)
2b: Infante (25)
SS: Rutledge (15)
3b: Aramis Ramirez (5)
MI: Simmons, A (21)
CO: Freeman, F (6)
OF: McCutchen (1)
OF: Jones, A (2)
OF: Aoki, N (10)
OF: Cuddyer (16)
OF: Ludwick (19)
UT: Hosmer (8)
UT: Murphy, David (22)
__
P: Wainwright (4)
P: Scherzer (7)
P: Samardzija (11)
P: Halladay (12)
P: Niese (14)
P: Burnett (18)
P: Maholm (20)
RP: Wilhelmsen (13)
RP: Holland (17)
RP: Cishek (18)
--
UT: Ramos (26)
UT: Madson (27)
UT: Segura (28)
UT: Gee, D (29)
UT: Doubront (30)
UT: Donaldson (31)
UT: Leake, M (32)
UT: Duda (33)
UT: Alburquerque (34)
UT: Boggs, M (35)

My thoughts. I am a touch light on power and could use 1-2 more SP to rotate in and out. Probably have too much relief pitching but can use it as trade bait or to avoid using FA picks on them. Would love thoughts on my weaknesses and strengths.
C: Rosario
C: Martin
1b: Goldschmidt
2b: Infante
SS: Segura
3b: Ramirez, Ar
MI: Simmons
CO: Freeman
OF: McCutchen, Adam Jones, Aoki, Cuddyer, Hunter Pence
UT: Arenado, David Murphy
Bench: Ramos, Rendon, Duda, Rutledge, Johnson, C

SP: Wainwright, Scherzer, Samardzija, Niese, Burnett, Maholm, Gee, Doubront, Gerrit Cole, Cingrani, Volquez, Wacha, Gausman
RP: Wilhelmsen / Holland

12 Team roto league standard categories with IP replacing K's. FA acquisitions limited to 10 pickups (3 remaining) all season.

Mauddib

Re: Just Drafted - Harsh Criticism Appreciated

Postby Mauddib » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:44 pm

I think you nailed it for the most part. I might be a little worried about your infield in just overall production. SP I think you will be fine on especially if you stream some pitchers in the last couple spots.

thefounteeners

Postby thefounteeners » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:53 pm

Thanks...agree on the infield. Waited one round too long on Gyorko. Will likely move Rutledge to 2B once he becomes eligible there (5 games played) and start Segura for the speed which I could use and watch the waiver wire. Will be interesting to see how things play out.

SP: Wainwright, Scherzer, Samardzija, Niese, Burnett, Maholm, Gee, Doubront, Gerrit Cole, Cingrani, Volquez, Wacha, Gausman

12 Team roto league standard categories with IP replacing K's. FA acquisitions limited to 10 pickups (3 remaining) all season.

Slaught's Onslaught

Postby Slaught's Onslaught » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:17 pm

Innings pitched instead of K's? I think that would hurt Max Scherzer's value quite a bit.

Bourne

Postby Bourne » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:01 am

You look really light on power. Mccutchen and Jones are well rounded but not exactly hr kings. Everyone else won't even touch 30. But your other hitting stats should be decent. Hopefully you get the rbis. Ip instead of k sounds awful boring though. I would try to trade a sp for a heavier hitter by may. Rough guess of maybe 250 hrs? I would want 280-300 with that many hitters. Hrs lead to rbis and runs too.

thefounteeners

Postby thefounteeners » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:04 am

@Bourne
I think you are right on power, I do feel light there though from my projections which I based on Steamer with some PT modifications I project closer to 280 which had me 5th among the other teams. Another bat would certainly help. I debated between Jones and Bautista in round 2 but just did not trust Bautista's wrist enough to risk the added power.

@Slaught
200 IP is usually what I target for top tier starters and I have Scherzer projected for 195 so he shouldn't lose too much value.

The IP category actually makes it more fun for me. Because so much value is placed on K's in the pre-season rankings there is the opportunity to find undervalued pitcher's who may have low K projections.

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”