How did i do in this Dynast Trade

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
FantasyJunkie787
Sponsor
Sponsor

How did i do in this Dynast Trade

Postby FantasyJunkie787 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:20 pm

I traded Sabathia for

Manny Machado, Lucas Giolito, Alex Avila, Daniel Murphy( He is wonderful in H2H), & Rex Brothers.

It's a 18 team h2h league.

Grey

Re: How did i do in this Dynast Trade

Postby Grey » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:29 pm

Not crazy about it...
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

FantasyJunkie787
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby FantasyJunkie787 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:18 am

Even if my team is not competing this year? or the next? the team is still in bad shape and i think this filled some positions. I thought Machado was great get.

greeny23
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby greeny23 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:30 am

What's the point of even playing fantasy if it's aiming to compete in 2 years...?
14 Team Yahoo 5x5. 30 move limit (30 remaining)

C) Arencibia
1B) Rizzo
2B) Uggla
3B) Machado
SS) Andrus
OF) McCutchen
OF) A. Jones
OF) Choo
UTIL) Jennings
B) Hosmer

SP) Cain, Zimmermann, Latos, Porcello, Milone, Wheeler, Tillman, Gee, Erasmo Ramirez.
RP) Holland, Veras, Bell

Men-in-Cleats

Postby Men-in-Cleats » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:04 am

What's the point of even playing fantasy if it's aiming to compete in 2 years...?
You obviously play to win every year but in dynasty you have to be able to have a realistic goal if you have a really poorly performing team, particularly at this point in the season when those that are contending might be willing to sacrifice some of their future for a run this year. Not saying this was a haul but if you haven't ever taken over a struggling dynasty team and taken the time to turn it around you wouldn't understand and would make comments like the one you did. In dynasty if you stick for too long with aging, high mileage players you eventually end up in the cellar.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RCL In Trout We Trust: Bosch Brothers
C-Pierzinski, 1B Goldy, 2B Cano, SS Castro, 3B Prado, MI Lowrie, CI Youk, OF Ellsbury, OF Morse, OF Aoki, OF Rios, OF Swisher, UT C. Johnson, DL Cespedes, BN Buck, BN Alonso
P's Scherzer, Samardzija, Ogando, Nathan, Perez, Hanrahan, Betancourt, Fujikawa (DL), Streamer, Streamer

12-Tm Mixed league(OBP): Three Out Rally
C-Perez, 1B Votto, 2B Rutledge, SS Castro, 3B Longoria, MI (rotating door), CI I. Davis, OF Jennings, OF Choo, OF Aioki, OF Morse, OF Cruz, UT Moss, UT Cain, BN Young Jr., BN Bonifacio, BN Schierholtz, BN J. Francisco
P's- Bumgarner, Zimmerman, Ryu, Estrada, Lincecum, Quintana, Chapman, Holland, Wilhelmsen, League, Francisco (DL)

FantasyJunkie787
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby FantasyJunkie787 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:18 am

yeah, i had been trying to move sabathia since i took over, but i think getting machado was aight, and for the dude that posted before the dude above i always play to win, i am 1st in two leagues and 4th in another, so it's not so much i am looking for the next year or two, it's just, that "Bull" trades just don't go down on leagues like this. so it's rather hard to get a deal done.

FantasyJunkie787
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby FantasyJunkie787 » Thu May 09, 2013 12:57 pm

I am a genius! A GENIUS I SAY!

bsanders06

Postby bsanders06 » Thu May 09, 2013 5:14 pm

Machado is gonna be good but when I look at that trade all I c is machado and sabathia and the rest of those other players were throw ins the other player didn't care to get rid of

pjd178

Postby pjd178 » Thu May 09, 2013 5:47 pm

You should post your team so we can judge this in the context of what your needs are. Also, I don't think a lot of guys are taking into consideration that you play in an 18 team league. In a league that deep Murphy would likely be a solid second basemen.
14 teams 5x5 (OBP, QS, SVHD)
C- Wilson Ramos
1st- Paul Goldschmidt
2nd- Jonathan Schoop
3rd- Anthoney Rendon
SS- Marcus Semien
OF- Domingo Santana
OF- Nick Markakis
OF- Michael Conforto
UTIL- Matt Olson
BE- Kike Hernandez
BE- Cesar Hernandez
DL- Mitch Haniger
SP- Max Scherzer
SP- Luis Castillo
SP- Hyun Jin Ryu
SP- Chris Paddock
SP- Yonny Chirinos
RP- Amir Garrett
RP- Emilio Pagan
RP- Shawn Kelley
RP- Josh Hader
BE- Pedro Strop
BE- Wade Davis
BE- Joey Lucchesi
BE- Jesus Luzardo

FantasyJunkie787
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby FantasyJunkie787 » Thu May 09, 2013 6:25 pm

@Bsanders, thats where you are wrong mate, Lucas Giolito maybe not be known now, but he will be quite the stud, and in a Dynasty league, he is quite the get, he still has Ace #1 potential, two years from now, he might be in the dicussion for top 10 prospect. So he is not just a throw in

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”