Bryan LaHair

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
blinkuldhc

Bryan LaHair

Postby blinkuldhc » Mon May 28, 2012 9:13 pm

IMO, now is the time to SELL SELL SELL LaHair, even if it gets you 80 cents on today's dollar.

He's due for a very steep, very painful regression. He's got 48 strikeouts in 43 games/38 starts, or 137 at-bats -- that's a 175 strikeout pace in only 500 at-bats. Yeah, he's hitting .299, but it's taking an incredibly lucky .388 BABIP to get there. Assuming his BABIP levels down to, say, .310, LaHair will likely see his BA fall down to .240-.250.

Basically, sell LaHair on what he "projects" to hit, i.e. .300, 30+ HRs, even though he's more likely to end up with a .250 25 HR season.

Grey

Re: Bryan LaHair

Postby Grey » Mon May 28, 2012 9:39 pm

Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

PollardsVision

Postby PollardsVision » Tue May 29, 2012 5:54 am

The time to sell LaHair was a couple of weeks ago.

With everyone thinking his slump is a sign that he's a "flash in the pan" and every fantasy expert in the world screaming sell because of the strikeouts, there's probably not much room to profit on him now.

Honestly, I'm not sure how many people really believed anyway. Most thought he was a AAAA hitter that was going to be supplanted by Rizzo anyway. That's why he was available for free.

I'll hold. Since the guy turned 26 years old, he's done nothing but mash. It's not like he's the first power hitting 1B that strikes out a lot.

If nothing else, I'd wait until his next hot streak to sell.
10 team 5x5 ROTO (OBP), 11-player keeper, C/1B/2B/3B/SS/MI/CI/IF/5OF/UTIL/8SP/3RP

C: Castro, Montero
1B: Rizzo, Adams, Lind
2B: Kinsler, Kipnis
3B: M.Cabrera, Frazier, Reynolds
SS: Alcides
OF: Stanton, Trumbo, Choo, Marte, Rasmus, Blackmon, Bradley Jr.

SP: Gio, Scherzer, Ryu, Cashner, Kuroda, Lackey, Minor, Wood, Peralta
RP: Balfour, Perkins, Nathan, Frieri, Fields

Cubes10

Postby Cubes10 » Tue May 29, 2012 7:13 am

His BABIP throughout his career has hovered around .350, so he's not that far off from where he's supposed to be. Yes, the strikeouts will be there but so will the power. Trading players when they're slumping is the worst time to do so. If you have little faith in his abilities, wait til he goes on another tear to flip him.

AceUpMySleeve

Postby AceUpMySleeve » Tue May 29, 2012 8:42 am

Someone just offered him to me in a trade, then dropped him. I picked him up with the clear intention of only playing him against Right Handers. As long as he is still hitting RHP I see no reason to completely disregard him.

blinkuldhc

Postby blinkuldhc » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:58 am

Obviously, the time to trade LaHair has passed...But jeez, look at LaHair's June:

.231/.286/.400 8 runs, 3 HRs, 6 RBI in 65 at-bats..... with 25 strikeouts.

Remember all that talk about BABIP?

LaHair's June BABIP was .324

So, folks, that's what you get with normal/reasonable luck. LaHair is a solidly-predictable .230 hitter, possibly .220, with 25-30 HR power at best. Basically a poor man's Russell Branyan at 1B.

Shivdaddy

Postby Shivdaddy » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:16 am

Glad I got Upton during LaHair's peak and Upton's bottom

BluePulaski

Postby BluePulaski » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:15 am

I'd at least keep him through the All Star game...maybe he gets ASG MVP? ;o)
10-team mixed keeper league (15 keepers), H2H - 1 Win R/HR/RBI/SB/AVG/OPS/W/CG/SHO/SV/K/ERA/WHIP/QS
HITTERS:
Lineup (C/1B/2B/SS/3B/LF/CF/RF/UTIL/UTIL/UTIL/UTIL)
C - empty (will pick up a hot catcher when ready)
1B - E. Hosmer
2B - J. Kipnis
SS - T. Tulowitzki
3B - A. Beltre
OF - M. Trout, A. McCutchen, J. Upton
UTIL - G. Stanton, A. Rizzo, B. Harper, empty slot

PITCHERS: SP - S. Strasburg, A. Wainwright, G. Gonzalez, H. Iwakuma, S. Miller, K. Medlen, H. Ryu, M. Garza, A. Cobb, H. Bailey, R. Porcello, M. Estrada, W. Peralta, S. Gray, E. Ramirez
RP - A. Chapman, A. Reed, J. Benoit
N/A slot: M. Pineda. DL - C. Maybin, M. Moore

Men-in-Cleats

Postby Men-in-Cleats » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:02 pm

I got him off the WW after someone dropped him when he missed the first few games of the season and tried to flip him at his peak value but never got any takers. I'm hoping he goes on another streak and hopefully gets me something I could use but if not I'll continue to give him the occasional spot start when I need a fill-in in my starting lineup.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RCL In Trout We Trust: Bosch Brothers
C-Pierzinski, 1B Goldy, 2B Cano, SS Castro, 3B Prado, MI Lowrie, CI Youk, OF Ellsbury, OF Morse, OF Aoki, OF Rios, OF Swisher, UT C. Johnson, DL Cespedes, BN Buck, BN Alonso
P's Scherzer, Samardzija, Ogando, Nathan, Perez, Hanrahan, Betancourt, Fujikawa (DL), Streamer, Streamer

12-Tm Mixed league(OBP): Three Out Rally
C-Perez, 1B Votto, 2B Rutledge, SS Castro, 3B Longoria, MI (rotating door), CI I. Davis, OF Jennings, OF Choo, OF Aioki, OF Morse, OF Cruz, UT Moss, UT Cain, BN Young Jr., BN Bonifacio, BN Schierholtz, BN J. Francisco
P's- Bumgarner, Zimmerman, Ryu, Estrada, Lincecum, Quintana, Chapman, Holland, Wilhelmsen, League, Francisco (DL)

BluePulaski

Postby BluePulaski » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:15 pm

I wouldn't be passing on any hot FAs holding him though...you can also stream a pitcher in the open slot...at most...if he gets hot...he's a throw in on an upgrade 2for1 deal on another player on your team
10-team mixed keeper league (15 keepers), H2H - 1 Win R/HR/RBI/SB/AVG/OPS/W/CG/SHO/SV/K/ERA/WHIP/QS
HITTERS:
Lineup (C/1B/2B/SS/3B/LF/CF/RF/UTIL/UTIL/UTIL/UTIL)
C - empty (will pick up a hot catcher when ready)
1B - E. Hosmer
2B - J. Kipnis
SS - T. Tulowitzki
3B - A. Beltre
OF - M. Trout, A. McCutchen, J. Upton
UTIL - G. Stanton, A. Rizzo, B. Harper, empty slot

PITCHERS: SP - S. Strasburg, A. Wainwright, G. Gonzalez, H. Iwakuma, S. Miller, K. Medlen, H. Ryu, M. Garza, A. Cobb, H. Bailey, R. Porcello, M. Estrada, W. Peralta, S. Gray, E. Ramirez
RP - A. Chapman, A. Reed, J. Benoit
N/A slot: M. Pineda. DL - C. Maybin, M. Moore

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”