I like Astros players this year

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
Oregon Nut Cups

I like Astros players this year

Postby Oregon Nut Cups » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:40 pm

Don't get me wrong, I think they're going to be terrible and I don't expect some huge numbers from anyone there BUT, the one good thing about a team that doesn't have much going for them is those guys are going to get to play it out, whether they aren't that good or not.

Guys I will be watching/targeting in the draft (ranks based on yahoo cuz, well, that's where my draft is being held :) ):

J.D. Martinez (OF) round 27: I don't have great numbers in mind for him but if he hits .275 and produces 15 HRs, he's going to hit in the top 5 of that lineup and production is production.

Jose Altuve (2B) round 24: Probably near the top of the lineup. Might give you 20 SB and a decent above .270 average.

Brett Wallace (1B) round never (887 rank): Ok, so here's my reason I'm interested; the coaches want him to try and move back to his original position at 3rd because Lee will be playing 1st. That means they want to see him play. Not Chris Johnson, not Paredes but Brett Wallace. Of course, this will be one of those 'we'll see what happens in Spring Training' kind of guys but I still hold to the fact he was drafted 13th in 2008 by the Cardinals. There's talent there, just a question of whether or not it materializes. Like all drafts, it has its hits and misses but he was drafted ahead of Brett Lawrie, Lonnie Chisenhall and Gerrit Cole. Plus his competition is Chris Johnson and Jimmy Paredes soooo...well if he can't beat them out in spring training then just ignore this blurb :)
ONC
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.

Grey

Re: I like Astros players this year

Postby Grey » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:02 pm

I like the looks of Altuve late... Martinez and Wallace feel like waiver wire grabs in most leagues...
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Paper Tiger

Postby Paper Tiger » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:35 pm

I like Jason Bourgeois as my bench OF for dirty , dirty, gap filling, stolen base goodness.

Grey

Postby Grey » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:42 pm

Yes, Bourgeois is another good name late for deep leagues...
Grey Albright

I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Oregon Nut Cups

Postby Oregon Nut Cups » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:11 pm

I always forget to preface that its a 30 round draft and we start 5 OF (LF/CF/RF/OF/OF). Not that I WANT to be stuck with J.D. Martinez but its nice to know he's so far down there for me when those rounds come about.

Agree on Altuve. I'll be targeting a 'safe' 2B pick that's not overpriced but I'd like him to be my other 2B and backed up by Scutaro for the consistency factor.
ONC

bookiebob

Postby bookiebob » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:42 am

I have both Altuve and Martinez in my NL-only, 5x5, 11 team roto league.

12 keepers - are those guys worth $10 each?

I also have Daniel Murphy and Neil Walker at $10 each.

Keepers:
C Ramon Hernandez $4
1B Gaby Sanchez $7
2B Jose Altuve $10
SS Dee Gordon $10
OF Hunter Pence $33
OF J.D. Martinez $10
CI Daniel Murphy $10
MI Neil Walker $10

P Jaime Garcia $3
P Jair Jurrjens $2
P Mat Latos $5
P Brandon Beachy $8
Hey Smails! A thousand bucks you miss that putt!

Grey

Postby Grey » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:06 pm

None are worth $10...
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”