Colby Rasmus

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
RadassStudMuffin

Colby Rasmus

Postby RadassStudMuffin » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:31 pm

What's the deal with this dude? He has sucked for a longtime now, should we be looking to release him?

Grey

Re: Colby Rasmus

Postby Grey » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:23 am

In some leagues, I could see dropping him.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

RadassStudMuffin

Postby RadassStudMuffin » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:26 am

How bout I cut this idiot for Brett Gardner or Delmon Young? or even Jose Tabata. Man Colby blows.

Grey

Postby Grey » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:02 am

Gardner if you need steals.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

microwave donut

Postby microwave donut » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:22 pm

I'd rather have Gardner but I don't imagine he's available in many leagues.

I'm sitting Rasmus on the bench for now. Dude does nothing.

Basketball: 19 team roto keeper; weekly locks; start 10 util.

John Wall
Kawhi Leonard
Marc Gasol
Dwayne Wade
Bradley Beal
Danny Green
Ed Davis
Anthony Morrow
Matt Barnes
Kevin Garnett
Boris Diaw
Rasual Butler
Danny Granger

AdmiralTrey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby AdmiralTrey » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:01 am

He's just mad because I struck him out in little league many years ago... He'll never recover!

10 Team 6X6 H2H Dynasty Year 5
C - Wilson Ramos
1B - Freddie Freeman
2B - Gleyber Torres
3B - Nolan Arenado
SS - Trea Turner
OF - Mike Trout
OF - Ronald Acuna
OF - Yordan Alvarez
OF - Kris Bryant
UTL - Javier Baez
UTL - Adalberto Mondesi
Bench - Rhys Hoskins, Miguel Sano, Byron Buxton, Jonathan Schoop, Rowdy Tellez

SP - Gerrit Cole, Stephen Strasburg, Blake Snell, Chris Sale, Jose Berrios, Chris Paddack, Mike Soroka, German Marquez
RP - Ken Giles, Dellin Betances, Taylor Rogers, Geovanny Gallegos, Colin Poche, Corey Knebel
Pedo NA Purgatory Felipse Vazquez

Prospects:
SP: Grayson Rodriguez, Josiah Gray, Seth Corry, Franklin Perez, Ryan Weathers, Blake Walston
RP: James Karinchak
OF: Luis Robert, Alek Thomas, Jesus Sanchez, Kameron Misner, Bayron Lora
IF: Vidal Brujan, Alexander Mojica, Malcolm Nunez, Greg Jones, Gunnar Henderson
C: Sam Huff, Luis Campusano, William Contreras

Results:
2019 - 4th place. Finished regular season 20 games ahead of 2nd place but fell apart in the playoffs.
2018 - 1st place. Finished regular season 24 games ahead of 2nd place and won in the playoffs.
2017 - 2nd place. Finished regular season 5 games ahead of 2nd place but lost in the playoffs.
2016 - 1st place. Finished regular season 1.5 games behind 1st but won in the playoffs

RadassStudMuffin

Postby RadassStudMuffin » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:46 am

He's just mad because I struck him out in little league many years ago... He'll never recover!

Did you get him with a backdoor splitty? Or some high cheese?

AdmiralTrey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby AdmiralTrey » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:32 pm

I almost always went to the high and tight heat... When in doubt, throw hard! If that doesn't work, bean them.

10 Team 6X6 H2H Dynasty Year 5
C - Wilson Ramos
1B - Freddie Freeman
2B - Gleyber Torres
3B - Nolan Arenado
SS - Trea Turner
OF - Mike Trout
OF - Ronald Acuna
OF - Yordan Alvarez
OF - Kris Bryant
UTL - Javier Baez
UTL - Adalberto Mondesi
Bench - Rhys Hoskins, Miguel Sano, Byron Buxton, Jonathan Schoop, Rowdy Tellez

SP - Gerrit Cole, Stephen Strasburg, Blake Snell, Chris Sale, Jose Berrios, Chris Paddack, Mike Soroka, German Marquez
RP - Ken Giles, Dellin Betances, Taylor Rogers, Geovanny Gallegos, Colin Poche, Corey Knebel
Pedo NA Purgatory Felipse Vazquez

Prospects:
SP: Grayson Rodriguez, Josiah Gray, Seth Corry, Franklin Perez, Ryan Weathers, Blake Walston
RP: James Karinchak
OF: Luis Robert, Alek Thomas, Jesus Sanchez, Kameron Misner, Bayron Lora
IF: Vidal Brujan, Alexander Mojica, Malcolm Nunez, Greg Jones, Gunnar Henderson
C: Sam Huff, Luis Campusano, William Contreras

Results:
2019 - 4th place. Finished regular season 20 games ahead of 2nd place but fell apart in the playoffs.
2018 - 1st place. Finished regular season 24 games ahead of 2nd place and won in the playoffs.
2017 - 2nd place. Finished regular season 5 games ahead of 2nd place but lost in the playoffs.
2016 - 1st place. Finished regular season 1.5 games behind 1st but won in the playoffs

blinkuldhc

Postby blinkuldhc » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:02 am

I dropped him over a month ago (got stuck with him bc of autopick) and haven't looked back. I never understood the hype. Not much of a ceiling in any category, and clearly the only way he could put up respectable power numbers was by sacrificing a crazy amount of BA points.

Heck, in the minors he was still only a .277 hitter, and his IsoP was only a decent but not elite .210-ish. Rasmus is one of those guys who is a better prospect in MLB/real life than in fantasy baseball (like the anti-Espinosa). Kinda like Domonic Brown, JD Drew, JHeyward....

It you want a similar (fantasy) player profile but with better production, drop Rasmus and grab Seth Smith, Boesch, Francoeur, Joyce, Morrison, RRoberts or even guys like Willingham, Trumbo, Garrett Jones, Damon might be better. Most of these guys will approach 18-25 hrs with 8-12 SBs -- but with less headache and/or higher ceilings.

Rasmus has far too many holes in his swing and has gotten pull/FB happy, giving him gross numbers everywhere.

RadassStudMuffin

Postby RadassStudMuffin » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:24 pm

WOWZERZ! THIS DUDE IS SCORCHING HOT! HOMER AFTER HOMER AFTER HOMER AFRTER HOMER AFTER HOMER GAMES! WHOOAAAA!

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”