brannen boesch-is he for real?

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
whoa_now

brannen boesch-is he for real?

Postby whoa_now » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:08 pm

What is the deal? He is having a pretty decent year and this is his 2nd year. Is a breakout going to happen next season? Where does boesch get drafted in 12 team leagues next season?

What is the general thought about him? Thanks.

RadassStudMuffin

Re: brannen boesch-is he for real?

Postby RadassStudMuffin » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:24 pm

I think he is really real. I think he is a convicted rakist. He is a lifetime subscriber of Raker's Digest.

pythons007

Postby pythons007 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:34 am

He did this in the first half of last year. Check in to see how his second half goes and you'll get a better idea.
12 team Roto R, 2B, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP, SLG, APP, W, SV, HLD, K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB
C Alfaro
1B Hoskins
2B Villar
3B Rendon
SS Correa
MI Bogaerts
CI Encarnacion
LF E. Rosario
CF Springer
RF Laureano
OF Mercado
OF Tsutsugo
UTIL R. Nunez
BN A. Hays/B Rodgers

SP Bieber/Castillo/E. Rodriguez/Ryu/Odorizzi/Boyd/Marquez
RP LeClerc/N. Anderson/Oberg/T. Watson/Kahnle/Pomeranz

blinkuldhc

Postby blinkuldhc » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:19 pm

I'm buying Boesch in all leagues he's available.

He's entrenched in the 3rd slot, and he's taking full advantage of hitting in front of M. Cabrera.

He's hitting well vs. LHP at .333, his BABIP is a reasonable .318, he has just turned 26 and he's hitting in front of an elite bat, and there's no indication he'll move out of that spot.

Since 5/29, he has batted #3 in every game but one (hit 2nd the other night), and here are his 162-game pace numbers over that span: .356, 155 runs, 52 HRs, 133 RBI; overall this season in the 3rd slot, his pace is .321-157-41-120.

Obviously, he won't come close to that pace, but the 162-game pace #'s give you a general idea of how well he's hit in the 3 spot. The big worry of course is his 2010, where he really had two completely different seasons in the 1st and 2nd half. Nothing really to add here, other than it's up to your gut call whether you want to ride it out; personally I'd take the risk, since the upside is so great and you can always just cut him if he slumps.

IMO, Boesch will end up with something like .295-110-25-90-10.... basically what you'd hope to get out of Hunter Pence. The main draw is his runs-scored potential, since he's hitting in front of Cabrera, Avila/VMart, Peralta.

Jerkin

Postby Jerkin » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:15 am

He did this in the first half of last year. Check in to see how his second half goes and you'll get a better idea.
WOW! I had no idea... i just looked up his splits. I cannot believe what a garbage 2nd half he had. Interesting note, last year June was also his hottest month.

But he already has as many runs scored this year as he did all of last year, and is 4HRs shy of matching last years. I think he is going to have a great season, .280 105/23/95
My Random Prediction This Year -> JP Arencibia for AL ROTY

12 team league, not keeper, standard 5x5

Miguel Montero
Gaby Sanchez
Rickie Weeks
Kevin Youkilis
Maicer Izturis
Jacoby Ellsbury
Ryan Braun
Chris Young
Aaron Hill
Brennan Boesch