Bet

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
Brettj72

Bet

Postby Brettj72 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:07 am

So I bet one of my friends that Jose Bautista hits under 35 hr this year. I bet another one that Carlos Pena has a better year than Ike Davis (according to Yahoo ranks) What do you think my odds are of winning these bets?

Grey

Re: Bet

Postby Grey » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:49 am

I'd take your side in each bet.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

A-Rod's Cousin

Postby A-Rod's Cousin » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:14 am

I have a similar bet with a buddy about Bautista. We were drunk at the time but i'm pretty sure i took under 27. 35 should be money in the bank.

havok

Postby havok » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:25 pm

As a gambling man I would take O27 but U35.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

"The worst thing that can happen to a gambler is to win."

"When you bet on a dog only three things can happen; two of them are good."

Follow all my tweeting nonsense @TheRealestDan

ChrisV82
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby ChrisV82 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:20 pm

I say Bautista hits 28 home runs. The bet is only with myself, though, so if I win I have to buy myself dinner and maybe a little heavy petting afterwards.
I like sports with balls in them.

Oregon Nut Cups

Postby Oregon Nut Cups » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:28 pm

If you win that bet, I sure hope you're not a prude.
ONC
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.

A-Rod's Cousin

Postby A-Rod's Cousin » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:49 pm

He's a single away from hitting for the cycle tonight. I'm starting to get the feeling i was way off about this guy.

Virinder

Postby Virinder » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:11 pm

I think Bautista hits 30 dingers this year....with Carlos Pena's thumb in a cast his power has dropped off and looks useless...he should be better than Ike Davis, but I don't know if he can hit even 30 HRs?? When's the power going to come back with this guy and should Grey's projections be updated?? I did expect at least 3-4 dingers by now...
Yahoo 13-team, Roto, Keeper - 35 innings min/wk
R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, W
HITTERS & PITCHERS
C: Wellington Castillo SP: Jake Arrieta
1B: Albert Pujols SP: Danny Salazar
2B: Jonathan Schoop RP: Shawn Tolleson
3B: Nolan Arenado RP: Drew Storen
SS: Starlin Castro P: Steven Matz
OF: Jason Heyward P: Taijuan Walker
OF: Justin Upton P: Brad Ziegler
OF: Mookie Betts P: Luis Severino
UTIL: Khris Davis BN: Steve Cishek
UTIL: Delino DeShields BN: Aaron Nola
BN: Carlos Santana BN: Fernando Rodney
BN: Brandon Phillips

A-Rod's Cousin

Postby A-Rod's Cousin » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:52 pm

I've never owned Pena before this season but i've always considered him to be streaky as hell, and he's definitely slumping hardcore right now. I don't think he's capable of repeating his '07 season when he hit .282 with 48 homers, but he should be a lock for 30. The thumb has obviously been an issue so far and it looks like he's going to hit about .200 this year, so if you have the option of benching him for now that's not a bad idea. I've got him and Reynolds on the same team and it's been ugly to say the least. The bottom line is it's still April though, and you just have to give guys that have done it before time to work through slumps and/or slow starts. If Pena's still sitting on zero homers when May rolls around, then it's time to start making other arrangements. Until then you just have to sit tight no matter how much it sucks.

Hebrew Hammer

Postby Hebrew Hammer » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:52 pm

maybe i'm missing something here, but you guys really think Pena will outperform Davis?

Please explain.

I disagree 100%

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”