Unhappy CBS users?

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
nyphilsphan
Sponsor
Sponsor

Unhappy CBS users?

Postby nyphilsphan » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:26 pm

We've been in CBS' site since 2003, so please keep in mind that while we are aware there are free sites, change is hard. That being said, this is an open thread for current CBS site users. Is the new format as brutal as it seems? I appreciate their trying to pack in lots of information for data-crazy FBBallers, but is anybody else finding it very un-user friendly? The "My Team" page is terrible because you have to scroll to see your entire team, add-drop is a zoo...in general it's causing chaos in a relatively old and formerly happy league. Any one with a similar experience? Or are we getting bitter as our charter members approach 40?
CBS H2H Points
C - McCann 1B - Goldschmidt 2B - Kipnis 3B - Mig Cabrera SS - Hardy
OF - Bautista J Upton A Jackson Heyward U - D Brown
SP - C Hamels Darvish Moore Zimmermann Minor
RP - A Reed Lyons

CBS Roto FAAB Auction
C - Napoli 1B - Goldschmidt 2B - Profar 3B - Longoria SS - Desmond MI - Prado CI - K Johnson DH - Moreland U - Aoki
OF - Stanton Trout J Upton J Pierre D Brown
SP - Bailey Kendrick Hellickson Ryu Scherzer Wainwright Cashner Iwakuma
RP - Betancourt League C Perez Jenson

BigRedLatrine

Re: Unhappy CBS users?

Postby BigRedLatrine » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:46 pm

My league-mates and I moved from CBS to ESPN this year. We figured there is no reason to pay a fee for essentially the same service. All the bells and whistles CBS tries to pack in just get in the way. I'd recommend switching; worst comes to worst you can always go back to CBS the following year if you hate it, the league will still be there.

BigAhnold

Postby BigAhnold » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:00 pm

Hate the new CBS User Interface. Very awkward.

Another fellow in our league manages our CBS-based league and he has been complaining about the new changes from an administrative standpoint.

We will probably be ex-CBS users in 2012.

BigA
NL only, 5x5, 10 team, Roto, keeper
C Contreras C Alfaro 1B Goldschmidt 2B JBaez SS Difo 3B TShaw MI EEscobar CI Longoria OF KBryant OF OHerrera OF Braun OF AJones OF Zagunis UT HPerez BN: LThomas
P Corbin P Woodruff P GMarquez P Pivetta P TWilliams P Urena P RRodriguez P Stammen P DeSclafani BN: TAnderson, Hellickson, Oh
DL: Knebel, Vizcaino, TTurner, Bader
Farm: BRodgers, Hiura, Trammel, AReyes

AL only, 4x4, 10 team, Roto, keeper
C Kiner-Falefa C Astudillo 1B JAbreu 2B Merrifield SS AMondesi 3B RNunez MI Bogaerts CI Voit OF Betts OF Owings OF Naquin OF LMartin OF RTellez UT Fletcher
P Paxton P Snell P McHugh P Kikuchi P FPena P Lovelady P HRobles P AChapman P Alvarado
DL: Salazar, Stanton
Minors:

AL+NL, 5x5, 12 team, Roto, Redraft
C Alfaro C WCastillo 1B Encarnacion 2B JBaez SS Machado 3B YGurriel MI LeMahieu CI Hosmer OF Springer OF Dahl OF Braun OF Mazara OF Hoskins UT TShaw Bench: Brinson, EEscobar, Laureano
P Gausman P Glasnow P GMarquez P ERodriguez P TWilliams P Snell P AMiller P Iglesias P Brasier Bench: Toussaint, Lovelady, DRobertson, AWood (DL)
DL Heany

hasenmensch
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby hasenmensch » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:35 am

My league has been CBS users since 2001 (I joined in 2004). I agree that I hated this year's interface changes at first but I have started to get used to them somewhat. But I don't really see any improvement in what they had, so it doesn't seem worth the cost of the hassle of learing the new interface.
12 team auction league, $260 salary cap,
5x5 cats, 14 hitters (1 utility, 2 catchers), 9 pitchers (no SP/RP reqs, but 1100 Inn min.)
Avg, HRs, RBIs, Runs, SBs
ERA, Whip, Wins, Saves, K/9

cpomar
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby cpomar » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:53 pm

I can't endorse CBS. This year and the last two years my $ league has had its draft on the CBS online draft application, with teams logging in from FL, GA, NC & NY. In each of the years we've done it the thing froze up at the end, locked out a team that wasn't done drafting, made it impossible to move a player eligible at more than one position, got stuck on a team that was already full, and other "bugs" in the system that couldn't be corrected. After a lot of late night calls to tech support getting nowhere and delays of an hour+, the drafts were finished in the chat window - less than ideal. I'm pretty sure this is our last season to use them.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives Hedley Lamarr
But, and this is a J. Lo-sized but, when I can buy food and you give me the balance from a $5 coupon, you’ve won my heart. G. Albright
-----------------------------------

bookiebob

Postby bookiebob » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:44 am

My money league has been using CBS since 2001. Since everyone is familiar with the way it works, it's nearly impossible to get the league to change sites.

CBS has two major issues:

1 - The price is TOO DAMN HIGH! With excellent free sites available, how do they get away with charging $159-$179 a year?

2 - The redesign is absolute shitbox mess. They moved things to illogical places, and updated features that worked great before. They should have updated the mobile version of the site, and left the regular pages alone.

They had the nerve to send me a real, honest to goodness, survey about how I liked the new design. I politely told them it was the worst league management site around, and they should start over from scratch.

My guess is they do nothing, and raise the prices for 2012.
Hey Smails! A thousand bucks you miss that putt!

Lucc
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Lucc » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:58 pm

Yes it is terrible, awkward and cumbersome. CBS = New Coke (soda). They also eliminated slots for Minors, so now we have to track and make sure no one is using those spots for Major league guys- just terrible
13 Tm Mixed 11 Major 3 Minor Keeper "Midnight Crazies" (Est. 2003, 2014 Champion, 2015 runner up)
Batters
C
1B Abreu, Jose (Keeper) (trade jones, Lester, Joe Ross & Brantley)
2B Altuve, Jose (Keeper)
3B Frazier, Todd (Keeper)
SS Bogaerts, Xander (Keeper)
MI
CI Donaldson, Josh (Keeper)
OF McCutchen, Andrew (Keeper)
OF Cespedes, Yoenis (keeper) (trade puig)
OF Grichuk, Randal (Keeper)
OF
OF
DH
DH

Pitchers
P Bumgarner, Madison (keeper)
P Archer, Chris (Keeper)
P Rodon, Carlos (Keeper)
P
P
P
P
P
P
p

Minor - David Dahl
Minor - Max Kepler
Minor - Sean Manaea

rightwingjedi
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby rightwingjedi » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:20 pm

Ditto.... :cry: :? :evil:

Try the new CBS system with dial up, it's like a wild ride man. My draft opens about half the time, I click on my team and it loads at the same rate the US responds to threats, it is a time man and I am a bit worried about my draft Sunday.

Might have to tether the 'ol iPhone to draft to be sure I do not get raped.

Zubaz4fans

Postby Zubaz4fans » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:35 pm

I really dislike it. Everything switched around.

HEY CBS

IF IT AINT BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!

nyphilsphan
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby nyphilsphan » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:27 pm

Jeez I wasn't aware of the minor slot missing. Glad to see it's not just me getting old with these complaints. The one thing about CBS being a pay site which should remain a positive (and something grey mocks free sites for) is that ownership percentage stays accurate. But that's like saying the fat girl has nice hair.
CBS H2H Points
C - McCann 1B - Goldschmidt 2B - Kipnis 3B - Mig Cabrera SS - Hardy
OF - Bautista J Upton A Jackson Heyward U - D Brown
SP - C Hamels Darvish Moore Zimmermann Minor
RP - A Reed Lyons

CBS Roto FAAB Auction
C - Napoli 1B - Goldschmidt 2B - Profar 3B - Longoria SS - Desmond MI - Prado CI - K Johnson DH - Moreland U - Aoki
OF - Stanton Trout J Upton J Pierre D Brown
SP - Bailey Kendrick Hellickson Ryu Scherzer Wainwright Cashner Iwakuma
RP - Betancourt League C Perez Jenson

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”