Strasburg needs TJ surgery

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
Hole Camels

Strasburg needs TJ surgery

Postby Hole Camels » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:39 am

A few sources say he has a "significant tear" of the ulnar collateral ligament in his pitching elbow and he's likely headed for TJ sugery. Of course, that means this phenom will go the way of Francisco Liriano. See you in 2012, Stras! A shame, really.

Grey

Re: Strasburg needs TJ surgery

Postby Grey » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:18 am

Yeah, he's done. You go to Dr. James Andrews with a bunion, you leave with TJ surgery.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

AdmiralTrey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby AdmiralTrey » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:34 am

10 Team 6X6 H2H Dynasty Year 5
C - Wilson Ramos
1B - Freddie Freeman
2B - Gleyber Torres
3B - Nolan Arenado
SS - Trea Turner
OF - Mike Trout
OF - Ronald Acuna
OF - Yordan Alvarez
OF - Kris Bryant
UTL - Javier Baez
UTL - Adalberto Mondesi
Bench - Rhys Hoskins, Miguel Sano, Byron Buxton, Jonathan Schoop, Rowdy Tellez

SP - Gerrit Cole, Stephen Strasburg, Blake Snell, Chris Sale, Jose Berrios, Chris Paddack, Mike Soroka, German Marquez
RP - Ken Giles, Dellin Betances, Taylor Rogers, Geovanny Gallegos, Colin Poche, Corey Knebel
Pedo NA Purgatory Felipse Vazquez

Prospects:
SP: Grayson Rodriguez, Josiah Gray, Seth Corry, Franklin Perez, Ryan Weathers, Blake Walston
RP: James Karinchak
OF: Luis Robert, Alek Thomas, Jesus Sanchez, Kameron Misner, Bayron Lora
IF: Vidal Brujan, Alexander Mojica, Malcolm Nunez, Greg Jones, Gunnar Henderson
C: Sam Huff, Luis Campusano, William Contreras

Results:
2019 - 4th place. Finished regular season 20 games ahead of 2nd place but fell apart in the playoffs.
2018 - 1st place. Finished regular season 24 games ahead of 2nd place and won in the playoffs.
2017 - 2nd place. Finished regular season 5 games ahead of 2nd place but lost in the playoffs.
2016 - 1st place. Finished regular season 1.5 games behind 1st but won in the playoffs

washkow
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby washkow » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:42 am

So I don't own Strasbourgh or really have any vested interest, but I am wondering where his value is at the moment. I am in a league where you need to draft a guy to keep him (you have to give up the draft pick one round ahead of where you drafted the kept), and the guy who has Strasbourgh drafted him this year so he can keep him for next year in the 19th round, but he will burning a bench spot there all of next year before being kept in the 17th round the year after. Do you think that is worth it?
Also, in that same 20th round, I picked up Ted Lilly. Which was the better pick in the end?
Schadenfreude
It's a Trap!
10 team 5x5 h2h mixed league (OPS, QS instead of W)
8 starts per week
C: Lucroy
1B: Hosmer
2B: Altuve
SS: Lindor
3B: Villanueva
MI: Dee Gordon
CI: Ryan Zimmerman
LF: Taylor
CF: Springer
RF: Just Dong
OF: Michael Taylor
OF: Mancini
Util: Tucker
SP: Corbin
SP: Bauer
SP: Darvish
SP: Sonny Gray
SP: Alex Wood
RP: Morrow
RP: Doolittle
RP: Herrera
B: Charlie Morton
B: Matt Harvey
B: Tyler Mahle
B: Acuna

JD, the Hockey Man

Postby JD, the Hockey Man » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:17 am

So I don't own Strasbourgh or really have any vested interest, but I am wondering where his value is at the moment. I am in a league where you need to draft a guy to keep him (you have to give up the draft pick one round ahead of where you drafted the kept), and the guy who has Strasbourgh drafted him this year so he can keep him for next year in the 19th round, but he will burning a bench spot there all of next year before being kept in the 17th round the year after. Do you think that is worth it?
Also, in that same 20th round, I picked up Ted Lilly. Which was the better pick in the end?
Schadenfreude

I'd hold off on any moves with Stras until he goes under the knife. When he does? It won't be worth it. He will be brought back slowly to say the least, and even when he returns he will have to deal with the normal growing pains of a young pitcher (even one as talented as he) and, on top of that, all the side effects from TJ surgery. The 2011 season is lost to him, so It won't be until 2012 that he's throwing in a major league game and probably late 2012 to 2013 before he's safe to own and deploy (Remember Liriano, who is just getting back to form this year and even though he's effective again, it isn't in the same dominating fashion he was pre-surgery). By this time next year he will begin to START his rehab IF everything goes smoothly, and again... the Nats will take it slow.

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:47 am

Lilly's a better pick. Strasburg is done for a year and a half, at the least.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”