Short Bench + Injuries = Pickup...?

Start, sit, who to acquit? My QB just lost a finger, wuss, who should I pick up?
EthanRoto

Short Bench + Injuries = Pickup...?

Postby EthanRoto » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:37 pm

I'm in a 14 team PPR league with two Flex spots. We have a really short 6-man bench. I've got TY Hilton, Randall Cobb, and Greg Olsen injured and likely all out, and Marlon Mack may be in the same boat. As it is, I'm starting Larry Fitz in one Flex spot, and he's not 100%, and waiver pickup Chubb in the other. My other bench spots are my backup QB and Mike Davis (SEA/RB).

Piling on is the fact that I have the Bears D on the bye, so need to find room for a pickup and not drop them with Khalil Mack a one-man wrecking crew.

So, this means I likely have to cut one, maybe two, to fill out the starting roster this week...

Do I need to get a better option for one of my Flex spots than Larry Fitz? Sounds like Mike Davis won't get the start this week. Could pick up Ryan Grant (Indy/WR) or Christian Kirk (ARI/WR) to play instead, but that would mean cutting Mike Davis AND Marlon Mack?

Which of those two would you drop to grab a bye week fill-in for DEF (Browns or Colts are best available)?

Thanks for your help and advice!

zach

Re: Short Bench + Injuries = Pickup...?

Postby zach » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:34 am

I would likely drop Mack to pick up a defense. If you're streaming, my favorite options are the Titans and Pats. Message me back if they're not available and I can help you figure out who else to stream.

In order to get some replacements, I think you have to drop Greg Olsen. He's not carrying much appeal ROS thanks to his injury, and even if he does come back 100%, I'm not sure how dominant he could be. Dropping Olsen will free up some much-needed space.

EthanRoto

Re: Short Bench + Injuries = Pickup...?

Postby EthanRoto » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:45 pm

Thanks for your advice! I'm hoping Olsen actually comes back in Week 6 as rumored and shows something for trade, or to be depth behind injury-prone Reed/WAS.

Looking to nab CLE off waivers (that team dumped CLE for TEN) - 14 team league and DEF depth is oddly thin. Other possible options are KC, MIA, and DET.

Return to “Football - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”