So this might be a stupid question...

Start, sit, who to acquit? My QB just lost a finger, wuss, who should I pick up?
jfarm07

So this might be a stupid question...

Postby jfarm07 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:06 am

I have Brees in a standard 1-QB league. I added Foles for no other reason than to keep him away from a rival team. I only ask this because of seeing your rankings - do you play Foles over Brees this week? Or is that just getting cute? My team can stand a little risk-taking, I'm 9-1 and if I win this week, lock up a 1 seed for the playoffs. My team is unfairly loaded, leading to questions such as these.

Here's who else I'm starting this week...
RB Reggie Bush
RB Mathews
WR Calvin Johnson
WR Cruz
R/W Moreno or Ellington (playing Ellington might also be getting cute, but the Jags tempt me)
TE Graham

Sky

Re: So this might be a stupid question...

Postby Sky » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:56 pm

If you read my rankings, I guess I'm not understanding the question my man. I have Foles higher. I'd play Foles.
Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

jfarm07

Postby jfarm07 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:32 pm

Yeah, hence my subject line. I think I was looking for further affirmation ("further" because your rankings had already provided affirmation) that it's not completely stupid to play a small-sample-size (even if there have some BIG samples) 2nd-year player over the 2nd ranked QB in the land and a future hall of famer, matchups aside. Benching Brees just feels unnatural (even moreso because I'm a Saints fan). Either way, probably can't go wrong with either. Thanks for your thoughts!

Sky

Postby Sky » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:54 pm

Gotcha. Yeah, you're talking top 5 QBs on the week. Foles just has the easier matchup on paper. Redskins aren't a strong defense, especially against the pass.
Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

Return to “Football - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”