How'd I Do? Grey, little help I love you long time...

Discuss your mock drafts, your real drafts, what's on draft... Anything to do with drafting is found here.
HldOnMgnolia
Sponsor
Sponsor

How'd I Do? Grey, little help I love you long time...

Postby HldOnMgnolia » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:34 pm

12 team, H2H

We count R, H, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, Avg., OBP, OPS / APP, IP, W, CG, SV, ER, BB, K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, K/9.

I had the 9th Pick.

C Geovany Soto (16)
1B Miguel Cabrera (2)
2B Gordon Beckham (8)
SS Stephen Drew (13)
3B Ryan Zimmerman (3)
OF Matt Kemp (1)
OF Jay Bruce (9)
OF Carlos Quentin (10)
UTL Justin Morneau (4)
UTL Juan Pierre (15)

BN Colby Rasmus (18)
BN Travis Snider (22)
BN Dexter Fowler (23)

SP Justin Verlander (5)
SP Jon Lester (6)
SP Cole Hamels (7)
RP Huston Street (12)
RP Frank Francisco (14)
P Kevin Slowey (11)
P David Price (17)
P Octavio Dotel (19)

BN Shaun Marcum (20)
BN Justin Masterson (21)

Couple ?'s...

1. If I miss out on Reyes in the 2nd and don't get a Stephen Drew/Alexei Ramirez for good value, is it advisable to plan on using Alcides Escobar every day? Am I taking a small risk or just inviting disaster?

2. If I end up with an early round 2B and 3B and don't have a spot for Ian Stewart, does it make any sense to draft him in the 10th/11th round, without a place in the lineup, because of the potential for a breakout at a premium position? Also, do you like him or Beckham, in a vacuum?

Gracias, fellas...
Y! 12 Team H2H 8x8 (R, H, HR, RBI, SB, TB, AVG, OPS, IP, W, S K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, K/9)

C J Montero
1B A Gonzalez
2B Phillips
3B Cabrera
SS Castro
OF McCutchen
OF Bruce
OF Choo
UTL Dunn
UTL De Aza
BN Scott, Davis, Viciedo

SP Halladay, CJ Wilson, Gio Gonzalez, A Sanchez, Marcum, Dempster, BIllingsley, Bedard, Niese, Smyly, Bass
RP

Grey

Re: How'd I Do? Grey, little help I love you long time...

Postby Grey » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:15 pm

12 team, H2H

We count R, H, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, Avg., OBP, OPS / APP, IP, W, CG, SV, ER, BB, K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, K/9.

I had the 9th Pick.

C Geovany Soto (16)
1B Miguel Cabrera (2)
2B Gordon Beckham (8)
SS Stephen Drew (13)
3B Ryan Zimmerman (3)
OF Matt Kemp (1)
OF Jay Bruce (9)
OF Carlos Quentin (10)
UTL Justin Morneau (4)
UTL Juan Pierre (15)

BN Colby Rasmus (18)
BN Travis Snider (22)
BN Dexter Fowler (23)

SP Justin Verlander (5)
SP Jon Lester (6)
SP Cole Hamels (7)
RP Huston Street (12)
RP Frank Francisco (14)
P Kevin Slowey (11)
P David Price (17)
P Octavio Dotel (19)

BN Shaun Marcum (20)
BN Justin Masterson (21)

Couple ?'s...

1. If I miss out on Reyes in the 2nd and don't get a Stephen Drew/Alexei Ramirez for good value, is it advisable to plan on using Alcides Escobar every day? Am I taking a small risk or just inviting disaster?

2. If I end up with an early round 2B and 3B and don't have a spot for Ian Stewart, does it make any sense to draft him in the 10th/11th round, without a place in the lineup, because of the potential for a breakout at a premium position? Also, do you like him or Beckham, in a vacuum?

Gracias, fellas...
1. I might be confused here, but I don't even see Escobar on your team. If you've yet to draft, though this looks like a team here -- I like Escobar late.

2. Beckham and Stewart are both fine. They offer different things. Stewart's a 30/10 potential that could hurt on average. Beckham's a 20/15 threat. I'd prefer Beckham over Stewart by a little bit. Also, you know this, they're in my 3rd basemen rankings.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

HldOnMgnolia
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby HldOnMgnolia » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:34 pm

Sorry. Should have explained myself. I'm in two leagues and have yet to draft in the other. I was curious what you thought of this one so I could apply any advice to the other. My question re: Stewart is whether you'd draft him regardless of need if he fell past the 10th/11th round to set up a trade later or use him in a UTL role.

Thanks for the feedback, great site.
Y! 12 Team H2H 8x8 (R, H, HR, RBI, SB, TB, AVG, OPS, IP, W, S K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, K/9)

C J Montero
1B A Gonzalez
2B Phillips
3B Cabrera
SS Castro
OF McCutchen
OF Bruce
OF Choo
UTL Dunn
UTL De Aza
BN Scott, Davis, Viciedo

SP Halladay, CJ Wilson, Gio Gonzalez, A Sanchez, Marcum, Dempster, BIllingsley, Bedard, Niese, Smyly, Bass
RP

Grey

Postby Grey » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:42 am

No, I wouldn't fill up my utility spot that early with Stewart. Ideally you don't want to fill up your utility spot until near the end with the best option available.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Return to “Fantasy Baseball Drafts Discussion”