Standard Yahoo 5x5 H2H

Discuss your mock drafts, your real drafts, what's on draft... Anything to do with drafting is found here.
adamh

Standard Yahoo 5x5 H2H

Postby adamh » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:39 am

Typical 5x5, H2H yahoo league with daily changes. I know you don't typically recommend drafting offensive bench players, but with the daily changes to the roster I feel like having a little flexibility can help out. Anyway, here are my draft results. Im probably going to drop Adam Lind (didnt know who to take and staind em) for something, not sure what yet.

1-12 Utley
2-1 Prince
3-12 Markakis
4-1 M Kemp
5-12 Haren
6-1 Davis
7-12 Liriano
8-1 Nathan
9-12 Abreu
10-1 Votto
11-12 Wieters (I liked my team so much already I decided to take a little risk)
12-1 J Vazquez
13-12 Qualls
14-1 Heath Bell
15-12 Bedard
16-1 Sandoval (fills in for Wieters and multiple eligibility offers flexibility)
17-12 Felipe Lopez (starting SS, also multiple eligibility)
18-1 Ziegler
19-12 Coco
20-1 Motte
21-12 Adam Lind

The everyday lineup will look like this:

C Wieters/Sandoval
1B Prince
2B Utley
3B C Davis
SS Felipe Lopez
OF Markakis
OF Kemp
OF Abreu
Util Votto

SP Haren
SP Liriano
RP Nathan
RP Qualls
P Bell
P J Vazquez
P Bedard

Bn Ziegler
Bn Coco
Bn Motte
Bn Lind

Any suggestions?

Grey

Re: Standard Yahoo 5x5 H2H

Postby Grey » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:32 am

Your team looks great, but it's also a pretty shallow league so a lot will depend on how you manage in-season. Dropping Lind seems fine in that league, and I think you need one more decent starter. Think Derek Lowe. See if you can trade Qualls or Bell for someone like that. Motte or Ziegler or whoever you can grab off waivers for saves will fill-in fine for him.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

adamh

Postby adamh » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:44 am

Sorry. I didn't even say. Its a 12 teamer. Not sure if that's what you meant by "shallow" or if you were thinking 10 teamer.

Yeah, I agree i'm going to need some help in the SP cats. No D-Lowe. Pretty much Parra, Guthrie, Zimmerman, Jimenez, Pelfrey...about it available in the mediocre SP market. I'd say I could stream but we have a max moves (45) rule.

adamh

Postby adamh » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:16 pm

Duuhhh, i'm sure you figured it out... My B...

Grey

Postby Grey » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:33 pm

I meant it was shallow because you only 3 OFs and no CI or MI. Parra's better than Lind for your situation.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Return to “Fantasy Baseball Drafts Discussion”