LOGIN

Jon Wertheim, arguably the smartest person we’ve ever had on the show, joins us to discuss a wide variety of sports topics including, ‘Why a .299 hitter is more valuable than a .300 hitter?’  Must be some sort of Algebraic Number Theory… or maybe he’s a communist.  We also discuss his book Scorecasting, which is kinda like Freakonomics meets Moneyball.  Nick’s community college education led to great questions like, “Are we still talking about baseball?” and “When’s lunch?”  There’s so much non-fantasy baseball talk in this fantasy baseball podcast that you would think we’re a non-fantasy baseball podcast posing as a fantasy baseball podcast.  We are not poseurs, which is a funny word to hear someone pronounce the moment they realize it’s not spelled poser.  Some of the topics Rudy and I discuss are Marcell Ozuna, the Marlins wunderkind, which means child prodigy so I’m not sure why it’s not wunderkid — I got spelling questions, y’all!  The Hitter-tron is tackled and when is that thing gonna finally be ready and we discuss Strasburg.  He hurt, yo?  Our favorite segment that we’ve only done once before also returns with, “Who are you picking up in this league or that league?”  Finally, I read a question from the comments.  It could be yours!  (It’s probably not.)  Anyway, here’s the Razzball podcast (now with Jon Wertheim talking about smart stuff and Nick nodding, which makes great radio):

Download from iTunes