Trade in my keeper league

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
SoS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Trade in my keeper league

Postby SoS » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:59 pm

12 team, H2H keeper league where we lose two rounds each year. 5 keepers. No limit on number of years a player can be kept. This trade got accepted then vetoed then the two owners had a coniption (sp?) and accepted it again. Am I bonkers or this ridic? Crapolanco (21) and Strasburg (10) for Braun (can't be kept next year). Parenthesis is round kept next year. My feeling is that the Braun side is making out like a bandit. Am I being a jerk by pressing veto again? Is the winner Braun side or really Braun side or super really Braun side? Thanks man...

Big League Chew

Re: Trade in my keeper league

Postby Big League Chew » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:33 pm

I don't like vetoes, but if there ever was a time to veto this one be one of them. Neither one of those players will come close to producing 1/3 of Braun's production. That trade is ridiculous and should be vetoed.

havok

Postby havok » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:42 pm

Someone must have really loved Polanco's opening day. There is no way this should go through but I am vehemently against vetoing another owners (albeit poor) decision-making. Strasburg has good value in the 10th and if an owner somehow already knew they weren't planning to contend this year than I can semi-see the logic. However, getting Braun in return is WAY over the top.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

"The worst thing that can happen to a gambler is to win."

"When you bet on a dog only three things can happen; two of them are good."

Follow all my tweeting nonsense @TheRealestDan

SoS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby SoS » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:12 pm

This is a new owner into a 2nd year 12 team league. His reason is that he just really loves Strasburg and he basically said that he'd give whoever to get him. Trying not to save him from himself but it was just vetoed again and as the commish, I posted a thing afterwards about how vetoing is allowed but use it with discretion. Half the teams are glad for veto power and the other half are pissed that we can veto. I feel like if you're paying to play ($100), so you should get a voice, albeit small.

havok

Postby havok » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:33 pm

With that same token, if you're paying $100 shouldn't you also have free discretion to do as you please with YOUR money? I'd rather see some type of counter-offer window open up to allow other owners to make a better offer for Braun as I'm sure at least a few teams would be willing to beat Stras/Polanco and save the other owner from himself.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

"The worst thing that can happen to a gambler is to win."

"When you bet on a dog only three things can happen; two of them are good."

Follow all my tweeting nonsense @TheRealestDan

amscalone

Postby amscalone » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:02 pm

there's no way I would want to play in a league where I spend $100 to have other people tell me how to run my team. Vetoes should be used in the case of collusion only - and then you freeze the team and punch both the owners in the face the next time you see them for cheating.
10 team 10x10 H2H keep 7, 5 add/drops per week limit
(hitting: r,bb,1b,2b,3b,hr,rbi,sb,k,.avg | pitching: ip,w,l,cg,bb,k,hra,era,whip,sv) Reggie Robying saves, as always

C: Wieters
1b: Cabrera
2b: Phillips
3b: Longoria
SS: Andrus
CI: Fielder
MI: Raburn
OF: CarGo
OF: J Upton
OF: Lind (1b,of)
OF: Stubbs
UTL: Reynolds

Bench: Torres, Snider, Beckham, Pena, Escobar, J. Montero, Utley

SP: Lincecum, Jimenez, Gallardo, Billingsley, Volques, Chacin, E. Jackson, McDonald
RP: Chapman

jumphook14

Postby jumphook14 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:38 pm

Vetoes should be used in the case of collusion only - and then you freeze the team and punch both the owners in the face the next time you see them for cheating.
Maybe we could slip an extra shot in there and kick 'em in the balls, too. And even if collusion is suspected, as commish how do you prove it and make a ruling without pissing somebody off? It's just not possible. I totally agree and wouldn't want to have to pay 100 skinners to have someone tell me how to run my team. So why tell someone else how to run theirs?
roto redux founders league 12-team mixed 5x5 rotisserie non-keeper
C mccann/kendall 1B loney 2B kinsler 3B rolen SS a.gonz CI callaspo MI y.escobar OF kemp/werth/g.jones/fuku/gomes UT furcal BN l.scott DL kendry
SP wainwright/cain RP rivera/papelbon P k.rod/clippard/romero/billingsley/strasburg BN c.lewis/lackey/braden/happ

yahoo! public H2H 520690
C napoli 1B m.cabrera 2B kendrick 3B beltre SS jeter OF ethier/bay/hamilton UT fielder/abreu BN ellsbury/j.lopez
SP greinke/lee RP bell/clippard P jenks/rauch/price/burnett BN j.garcia/latos/correia DL street

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”