Dynasty league..monster trade has me stuck

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
thorbs

Dynasty league..monster trade has me stuck

Postby thorbs » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:11 am

Hey guys, been a lurker on the site forever, but I'm totally stuck. My team is sexy as hell, choked in the finals last year and I think a few tweaks are all I need to go deep again...here she is, 14-team, dynasty, daily lineups (annoying as all hell. NEVER EVER EVER do daily moves unless you're a slob with no job), 10x10 (BB, K, OPS, Holds, QS are some of the unusual categories). Bats are weighted heavily with counting stats, arms 50/50 between counting stats and ratios, so I could care less about saves, going more for reliable holds guys and MR who spit hot fire like Dylon.

Before you ask me what kind of ridiculous league I'm playing in, some of the guys are fucktards and I benefited from some guys doing rash things (i.e. dropping Bruce, Fowler outright).

C: Montero
C: Saltalalalalalamachia
1B: Konerko
2B: Utley
3B: A. Ramirez
SS: Tulowitzki
CI: Sandoval
MI: Kinsler
LF: Reimold
CF: Fowler
RF: Ethier
OF: Bruce
OF: Borbon
UTIL: Asdrubal Cabrera
UTIL: Juan Rivera

Bench: Scott Sizemore, Jake Fox, Casey McGehee, Drew Stubbs, Edwin Encarnacion
(***drop any of these guys? Best names on the wire are Raburn, Matt Diaz, Melky Cabrera, Daniel Murphy, David Murphy, Spillborghs, Gwynn, Bautista, Venables)

SP: Greinke
SP: Gallardo
SP: Jered Weaver
SP: Billingsley
SP: W. Rodriguez
RP: Guerrier (holdsmaster!)
RP: Howell
RP:
RP:
P: James Shields

Bench: Cahill, Bumgarner (****Drop Cahill? On the wire: Robinson Tejada, Blackburn, Brandon Morrow, Clayton Richard, Brandon McCarthy)

Dropped my RP at the end of last year in a last ditch effort to try and get some counting stats, but still lost, so I need to make a few deals before the season starts.

Here's what's on the table:

1. Miggy Cabrera for Kinsler + SP.....I was thinking Shields, but the guy wants Greinke, Gallardo, Bills, or Wandy

2. Longoria/Kemp/Milledge/Chamberlain for my A. Ramirez/Kinsler/Ethier/Gallardo

3. Holliday for Kinsler (I proposed it)

4. Utley for Adrian Gonzalez

Number 4 is stupid, IMO, I'd just be switching up Asdrubal Cabrera from my UTIL to MI, and I think Utley is just straight-up a better hitter.

Number 3 I'd do, don't think he will though.

Number 2 though..Milledge is useless and I'd be able to swap him out for a RP I need to slot in, like Rafael Soriano, Frank Francisco, Mike Adams or Scott Elbert (remember, holds count), but Longo and Kemp are monstrous, monstrous players for a dynasty league. I think Kemp is baseball Jesus though, so I don't know if I'm killing my team's depth and pitching advantage, especially with no real SPs on the wire and my waiver positions is shitty (13th of 14th).

Giving up YoGa for fattysnacks Chamberlain hurts though, and another trade would be necessary, but still...what do you guys think? I clearly need to move a 2B.
12-team, 10x10 H2H, NS + H, OPS, etc.; 20 MLB, 8 MiLB keepers
Cx2: Barnhart/Diaz
1B/3B/CI: Votto/Arenado/Bryant
SS/2B/MI: Story/J-Ram/E Escobar
LF/CF/RF/OFx2: Trout/Betts/Ozuna/Inciarte/Taylor
UTILx2: Polanco, Odor
Bench: Nimmo, Camargo, Parra, Piscotty
SP: Kluber, Darvish, Verlander, Cueto, Weaver, Hellickson, D Rodriguez
RP: Doolittle, Knebel, Dominguez, Jeffress, Alvarado, Hirano
DL: Bryant/Soler/Darvish/Ryu
Minors: Robles (WAS), Verdugo (LAD), Duplantier (ARI), Diaz (MIA), Hernandez (TEX), Riley (ATL), Marsh (LAA), Stewart (DET)

Grey

Re: Dynasty league..monster trade has me stuck

Postby Grey » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:38 am

Hey guys, been a lurker on the site forever, but I'm totally stuck. My team is sexy as hell, choked in the finals last year and I think a few tweaks are all I need to go deep again...here she is, 14-team, dynasty, daily lineups (annoying as all hell. NEVER EVER EVER do daily moves unless you're a slob with no job), 10x10 (BB, K, OPS, Holds, QS are some of the unusual categories). Bats are weighted heavily with counting stats, arms 50/50 between counting stats and ratios, so I could care less about saves, going more for reliable holds guys and MR who spit hot fire like Dylon.

Before you ask me what kind of ridiculous league I'm playing in, some of the guys are fucktards and I benefited from some guys doing rash things (i.e. dropping Bruce, Fowler outright).

C: Saltalalalalalamachia
3B: A. Ramirez
SS: Tulowitzki
CI: Sandoval
LF: Reimold
CF: Fowler
OF: Bruce
OF: Borbon
UTIL: Juan Rivera

Bench: Scott Sizemore, Jake Fox, Casey McGehee, Drew Stubbs, Edwin Encarnacion
(***drop any of these guys? Best names on the wire are Raburn, Matt Diaz, Melky Cabrera, Daniel Murphy, David Murphy, Spillborghs, Gwynn, Bautista, Venables)

SP: Gallardo
RP: Guerrier (holdsmaster!)
RP:
RP:
P: James Shields

Bench: Cahill, Bumgarner (****Drop Cahill? On the wire: Robinson Tejada, Blackburn, Brandon Morrow, Clayton Richard, Brandon McCarthy)

Dropped my RP at the end of last year in a last ditch effort to try and get some counting stats, but still lost, so I need to make a few deals before the season starts.

Here's what's on the table:

1. Miggy Cabrera for Kinsler + SP.....I was thinking Shields, but the guy wants Greinke, Gallardo, Bills, or Wandy

2. Longoria/Kemp/Milledge/Chamberlain for my A. Ramirez/Kinsler/Ethier/Gallardo

3. Holliday for Kinsler (I proposed it)

4. Utley for Adrian Gonzalez

Number 4 is stupid, IMO, I'd just be switching up Asdrubal Cabrera from my UTIL to MI, and I think Utley is just straight-up a better hitter.

Number 3 I'd do, don't think he will though.

Number 2 though..Milledge is useless and I'd be able to swap him out for a RP I need to slot in, like Rafael Soriano, Frank Francisco, Mike Adams or Scott Elbert (remember, holds count), but Longo and Kemp are monstrous, monstrous players for a dynasty league. I think Kemp is baseball Jesus though, so I don't know if I'm killing my team's depth and pitching advantage, especially with no real SPs on the wire and my waiver positions is shitty (13th of 14th).

Giving up YoGa for fattysnacks Chamberlain hurts though, and another trade would be necessary, but still...what do you guys think? I clearly need to move a 2B.
I wouldn't drop any of those hitters for the waiver wire choices.

I'd lose Cahill for Morrow.

I'd do the first trade with Shields, but it sounds like that's not happening. I wouldn't do any of the other ones.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

thorbs

Postby thorbs » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:16 pm

I forgot to mention there's a priority on U25 players...they're kept without counting against your annual keepers (20), and just to reiterate, BB and K count, which is why Abreu is pretty valuable. Just received this:

I get:
ManRam
Abreu
KRod

I give:
Gallardo (U25)
Bumgarner (U25)
Borbon (U25)

Which would leave me with a starting lineup of :

C: Saltalamacchia
3B: Sandoval (U25)
CI: Aramis Ramirez
LF: ManRam
CF: Fowler (U25)
OF: Abreu
OF: Bruce (U25)
UTIL: Reimold

Bench: Encarnacion, Jake Fox (hopefully dropping him for Smoak if my waiver goes through), Scott Sizemore, Juan Rivera, Stubbs, McGehee

SP: Shields
RP: KRod
RP: Guerrier (holds count)
RP:
P: Morrow
Last edited by thorbs on Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minors: Robles (WAS), Verdugo (LAD), Duplantier (ARI), Diaz (MIA), Hernandez (TEX), Riley (ATL), Marsh (LAA), Stewart (DET)

Grey

Postby Grey » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:40 pm

That looks like it's in your favor.
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

thorbs

Postby thorbs » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:44 am

Last question about the trade, I swear....he just mentioned that Lackey could also be had instead of KRod. I almost always go with SP over RP, but I'm not sold on Lackey in Fenway. Would you rather have Lackey than KRod? Either is up for grabs.

Grey

Postby Grey » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:00 am

Don't really care for either. K-Rod's above Lackey though:

http://razzball.com/phillies-get-someth ... ides-cole/
Grey Albright

Thanks!

thorbs

Postby thorbs » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:23 pm

Yeah, I check the site almost every day and read that...I'm not high on either, especially in a Dynasty league where it's all downhill for them...that's the sticking point....

The only other guys he has that he's willing to give up are fellas like Thome, Alfonso Soriano, Damon, Michael Young, Harden, Zito, Pettite and Duchscherer (though Russell Martin is kind of intriguing), so there's not a lot to work with. I might just stick it out with what I've got until the season starts and go from there.

Thanks for the help, Grey!

thorbs

Re: Dynasty league trade (the dink changed it again)

Postby thorbs » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:15 am

Goddamnit...guy changed it again. My team would have some old balls on it and I'd need to make a trade and pick up a couple RP and maybe an innings-eater like Blackburn, but I think it'd still put me in a good position, no?

I get
Posada
ManRam
Abreu
Ian Kennedy

for

Borbon (U25)
Gallardo (U25)
Bumgarner (U25)

Which would leave me with:

C: Posada
3B: Sandoval (U25)
CI: Aramis Ramirez
LF: ManRam
CF: Fowler (U25)
OF: Abreu
OF: Bruce (U25)
UTIL: Reimold

Bench: Encarnacion, Jake Fox, Scott Sizemore, Juan Rivera, Stubbs, McGehee

SP: Shields
RP: Guerrier
RP:
RP:
P: Morrow

Bench: Kennedy

What do you think? Not sure what to make of Kennedy.

Grey

Postby Grey » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:17 am

Looks fine.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

thorbs

Postby thorbs » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:47 pm

Ended up flipping
Gallardo
Bumgarner
McGehee
Borbon
Encarnacion

and getting

Manny
Abreu
Posada
KRod
Ian Kennedy

bazinga!

Thanks for the weigh-in, Grey!

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”