Traded away the best guy.....

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
Frank Rizzo

Traded away the best guy.....

Postby Frank Rizzo » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:50 am

So I made a trade about 1 week ago and gave up the best player in the deal. Traded away Mookie :o

At the time I was in 6th place out of 10, and my pitching has been mediocre at best. Also, I bought cheap on a guy that I found was ranked really high for the 2nd half 100. Trade below:

I gave Mookie Betts/Sean Newcomb/Mike Montgomery

I got Trea Turner/Aaaron Nola/Robbie Ray

It is never a great policy to give up the best player in a deal but I am in danger of missing the playoffs.

Was this bad or good for me?
Yahoo 10 Team H2H, 5 x 5, Outfielders position specific. Keep 1.

C - Salvador Perez KC - C
1B - Freddie Freeman Atl - 1B,3B (K)
2B - José Peraza Cin - 2B,SS
SS - Trea Turner Was - SS
3B - Anthony Rendon Was - 3B
LF - Ronald Acuña Jr. Atl - LF,CF
CF - George Springer Hou - CF,RF
RF - Wil Myers SD - 1B,LF,RF
Util - Trevor Story Col - SS

SP - Will Smith SF - SP,RP
SP - Zack Greinke Ari - SP
SP - Dereck Rodríguez SF - SP,RP
SP - Walker Buehler LAD - SP,RP
RP - Blake Treinen Oak - RP
Bench - Robbie Ray Ari - SP
Bench - Mike Foltynewicz Atl - SP (DL)
Bench - Charlie Morton Hou - SP
Bench - Kevin Gausman Atl - SP
Bench - Aaron Nola Phi - SP
DL - Carlos Martínez StL - SP
DL - Yu Darvish ChC - SP

Grey

Re: Traded away the best guy.....

Postby Grey » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:52 am

So I made a trade about 1 week ago and gave up the best player in the deal. Traded away Mookie :o

At the time I was in 6th place out of 10, and my pitching has been mediocre at best. Also, I bought cheap on a guy that I found was ranked really high for the 2nd half 100. Trade below:

I gave Mookie Betts/Sean Newcomb/Mike Montgomery

I got Trea Turner/Aaaron Nola/Robbie Ray

It is never a great policy to give up the best player in a deal but I am in danger of missing the playoffs.

Was this bad or good for me?
Sounds fine if Ray comes around, yesterday wasn't a great sign
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”