Cap Savings part II

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
JDubb83

Cap Savings part II

Postby JDubb83 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:37 am

$400 auction, 40 man roster, keep 15 per yr, 12 team league, H2H pts league

*all players inflate to $18 during 2nd year kept, then increase $3 per year thereafter

Trying to save a little bit more cap leading up to our keeper lock date, so I have an idea for trade.

After seeing your top 20 SPs, and Bauer being nutt to butt with Quintana in the ranks, it got me thinking....

I Trade: $24 J Quintana SP and $1 M Olson 1B/OF
I Get: $11 T Bauer SP and $1 F Rivero RP

((Per fantrax early adp and analyzing past draft history for our league- I’m gaining $7 of equity in Bauer and $17 equity in Rivero= $24 total equity gained versus me giving -$3 equity in Quintana and $15 in Olson ($12 total equity);

So I’d basically gain $12 in equity relative to players salary’s versus what they would go for in the draft and I save $13 in total cap. (The $13 cap savings could be applied to the likes of the 34th ranked OFer based on past draft history (Jones, Margot, Schwarber, Polanco, Bruce, Mazara, etc..).

So the trade would essentially become I give: J Quintana and M Olson For I Get: Bauer, Rivero, and $13 OF (Mazara to replace Olson).

No Brainer??? Or do you hold off bc of the thoughts of inflation which make Rivero worth nothing in 2019. All players inflate to $18 in year 2 of being kept, thus an $18 reliever in year two generally has no equity. Or does Bauer offset the deal when combined w Quintana being negative equity already.

Thoughts? Make the move?

Grey

Re: Cap Savings part II

Postby Grey » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:29 am

$400 auction, 40 man roster, keep 15 per yr, 12 team league, H2H pts league

*all players inflate to $18 during 2nd year kept, then increase $3 per year thereafter

Trying to save a little bit more cap leading up to our keeper lock date, so I have an idea for trade.

After seeing your top 20 SPs, and Bauer being nutt to butt with Quintana in the ranks, it got me thinking....

I Trade: $24 J Quintana SP and $1 M Olson 1B/OF
I Get: $11 T Bauer SP and $1 F Rivero RP

((Per fantrax early adp and analyzing past draft history for our league- I’m gaining $7 of equity in Bauer and $17 equity in Rivero= $24 total equity gained versus me giving -$3 equity in Quintana and $15 in Olson ($12 total equity);

So I’d basically gain $12 in equity relative to players salary’s versus what they would go for in the draft and I save $13 in total cap. (The $13 cap savings could be applied to the likes of the 34th ranked OFer based on past draft history (Jones, Margot, Schwarber, Polanco, Bruce, Mazara, etc..).

So the trade would essentially become I give: J Quintana and M Olson For I Get: Bauer, Rivero, and $13 OF (Mazara to replace Olson).

No Brainer??? Or do you hold off bc of the thoughts of inflation which make Rivero worth nothing in 2019. All players inflate to $18 in year 2 of being kept, thus an $18 reliever in year two generally has no equity. Or does Bauer offset the deal when combined w Quintana being negative equity already.

Thoughts? Make the move?
That works for me
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”