Trade opinion

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
Carmackjw

Trade opinion

Postby Carmackjw » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:48 am

With Rendon and Healy playing like a stinking pile of poop, I'm on the prowl for a Buy low 3b/CI.

I came across this about T Frazier: "In the early going, Frazier has continued to exhibit some of the same traits that made him a BABIP and batting average nightmare last season. His flyball rate currently sits at 52.9% and his IFFB% is a vomit inducing 22.2%. On the other hand, his plate discipline and strikeout rate have both taken encouraging turns, so that .111 batting average is going to rise soon. For all the bad results he’s shown early on, Frazier currently owns a 16% strikeout rate on the season, which would be a career low"

I know the guy is willing to sell him and needs SS, MI, or SP help.

In what order would you rank these trades for me to send (most benificial for me to least)

***giving up A Cabrera will leave me with D Espinosa at SS

A) A Cabrera for T Frazier

B) J Ross for T Frazier

C) A Cabrera, L Brinson, J Montgomery for T Frazier, M Kepler, R Gsellman

D) J Ross, L Brinson, J Montgomery for T Frazier, M Kepler, R Gsellman

Thoughts on these four? Stay put, one preferred over the other? In what order would you rank these trades for me to send (most benificial for me to least)
12 team H2H Pts league, 40 man roster, $400 auction cap, Keep 15 per year, values increase to $18 in second year kept & $3 per year thereafter, Max 14 starts per week

cyler8

Re: Trade opinion

Postby cyler8 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:12 pm

I would hold. It's barely a month into the season. Guys will have ups and downs all year long and quite frankly when the year is over I think Healy and Rendon will be ranked right there with Frazier if not higher.
10 team league (10 keepers each season)
6X6 Scoring
H, R, HR, RBI, SB, OPS
W, QS, SV+H, WHIP, K

C: Evan Gattis
1B: Rhys Hoskins
2B: Scott Kingery
3B: Alex Bregman
SS: Trea Turner
OF: AJ Pollock
OF: Tommy Pham
OF: Mitch Haniger
UT: George Springer
UT: Kyle Schwarber
BN: Jean Segura
BN: Adrian Beltre
BN: Lewis Brinson
BN: Franchy Cordero
BN: Anthony Rizzo

SP: Zack Godley
SP: Aaron Nola
SP: James Paxton
RP: Roberto Osuna
RP: Felipe Vazquez
RP: Raisel Iglesias
RP: Dellin Betances
BN: Masahiro Tanaka
BN: Charlie Morton

shitbird
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Trade opinion

Postby shitbird » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:33 am

I agree that Rendon and Healy could have a similar value to Frazier at year end though a lot depends on the point system you use.
I would also hold.
I have Frazier in an AL-Only league and he has been brutal though also very sick. I expect him to get to 35 HR/10 SB with a shit ton of Ks and a .230 avg.
5x5 Roto, 11 team AL-Only, Keep 7 players per year 2 rounds ahead of where they were drafted the previous year. C/C/1B/2B/SS/3B/MI/CI/0F/0F/0F/UTIL/SP/SP/SP/SP/SP/RP/RP/RP/BN/BN/BN/BN/BN/BN. Only 5 moves (pickups) per season.

POS Player RD
C Zunino 10
C Sanchez 19 (k)
1B Alonso pickup
2B Kipnis 12 (k)
3B Frazier 2
SS A Escobar 8
CI Profar 7
MI Hardy 24
OF Cruz 1
OF Haniger 16
OF Betts 20 (k)