Huge trade offer, need help!

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
jebusfreek666

Huge trade offer, need help!

Postby jebusfreek666 » Wed May 27, 2015 11:09 am

I was just offered

My:
Fielder
Span

His:
Tulowitzki
Encarnacion

Would have been a no brainer week 1, but Fielder is in a tear and both the guys I would be getting back have underperformed all year. Also, not a big fan of having lots of guys from the same team and I already have Bautista and Donaldson. Still, this is very tempting.

morecowbell

Re: Huge trade offer, need help!

Postby morecowbell » Wed May 27, 2015 11:26 am

Dude that's tough, b/c Tulo has been way underperforming. If you match them up, Fielder has been outperforming Encarnacion and even if he regressed, Encarnacion wouldn't be a huge upgrade over Fielder.

Then you get the injury risk and underperformance of Tulo for Span. While the two generally aren't comparable, Span has been showing decent power and upping the ribbies.

Looking at J-Foh's rankings, the trade is a no brainer as Edwin and Tulo each outrank Fielder (and Span by a wide margin). See rankings here: http://razzball.com/im-jazzy-gillaspie- ... rs-week-8/

I'm comfortable enough with the risk to take the Edwin/Tulo side notwithstanding the above. But then again, I post here asking for feedback b/c I'd probably blunder into several trades otherwise.

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”