Trade OF for SP?

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
phorts

Trade OF for SP?

Postby phorts » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:58 am

With Stanton back and Harper coming back this week, I got a log jam at OF/Util. I can only start 3OF and one UTIL, and i'm usually not one to carry an extra offensive player. McClouth has been solid in releif of Stanton and Harper, but is it time for him to sit it out or be dropped? He's been the key to keeping me in the steals category each week...

Who would you trade and what would you be looking to get to help my team? I'm currently in 2nd place and have gotten most of my team off WW (only guys I drafted are Longo, Jones/Upton/Stanton/Harper and my SP's. Everyone else was WW fodder (i know, my league is highly impatient).

Thanks for your help!
10 Team Yahoo H2H 5x5

C - Lucroy
1B - Fielder
2B - Gyorko
3B - Longo
SS - Andrus
OF - A Jones
OF - C. Gomez
OF - A Rios
UTIL - A. Gordon
Bench: Dee Gordon
SP - Scherzer, Cobb, Ryu, Liriano, Samardzija, Kluber, Garza
RP - Cishek, Frieri, Perkins

Mauddib

Re: Trade OF for SP?

Postby Mauddib » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:54 am

Well I think your biggest weakness is 1B. While Lind has been solid so far, he isn't one I would be comfortable with all year. Not sure I would just drop McClouth but it would depend on what you were going to pick up instead. I would probably look to deal Stanton if you think you could get $.80 on the dollar for him. Most leagues, I don't see that happening though.

phorts

Re: Trade OF for SP?

Postby phorts » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:53 am

Thanks for the perspective. Of course Lind has a back problem and will be out a few days so it's going to be hard to package him now! I was going to package Lind, Stanton and Ryu for a Fielder or Goldschmidt (Doubt he would bite on Goldy but worth a shot).

Thanks again for the feedback, you got the wheels turnin.
10 Team Yahoo H2H 5x5

C - Lucroy
1B - Fielder
2B - Gyorko
3B - Longo
SS - Andrus
OF - A Jones
OF - C. Gomez
OF - A Rios
UTIL - A. Gordon
Bench: Dee Gordon
SP - Scherzer, Cobb, Ryu, Liriano, Samardzija, Kluber, Garza