Selling high on Damon

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
Stumanji

Selling high on Damon

Postby Stumanji » Fri May 22, 2009 3:04 pm

My league is pretty shallow and nobody was biting on Damon for a top pitcher (CC's owner is insisting on Prince + another player), but I wanted to sell high on him in a 2-for-1 since I'm going to eventually have Webb and Smoltz coming off the DL. Currently in 3rd place in a 10 team h2h league. I'm killing it in the HR (+20), RBI (+25), and Saves (+8) departments but losing steals every week, and I don't have the roster/starting spot to pick up a SAGNOF guy to help there. So I did this:

Damon & Fuentes for Ichiro.

Then I dropped De La Rosa for Aardsma, who I thought would replace Fuentes pretty well. Did I give up too much here? Is there somebody else I should have targeted/still can target?

The rest of my team in in my sig. Thanks guys!
12 tm roto keeper (keepers*), R, HR, RBI, SB, OPS, ERA, WHIP, K/9, Net Sv, QS

C: Sal Perez
1B: Butler*
2B: Phillips*
SS: A. Escobar
3B: Sandoval
MI: Altuve
CI: Frazier
OF: Trout*
OF: Bruce*
OF: Des Jennings
OF: Fowler
Util: V-Mart
Bench Bats: Berkman, Chris Carter, Leonys Martin
Minors: B. Hamilton*
Minors: Arenado*
Minors: Eaton
SP: Felix*
SP: Bumgarner*
SP: Morrow
SP: Niese
SP: Minor
RP: Kenley Jansen
RP: Janssen
RP: Fujikawa
Bench Arms: Gee, Cashner, Porcello
Minors: Bauer

Grey

Re: Selling high on Damon

Postby Grey » Fri May 22, 2009 3:19 pm

My league is pretty shallow and nobody was biting on Damon for a top pitcher (CC's owner is insisting on Prince + another player), but I wanted to sell high on him in a 2-for-1 since I'm going to eventually have Webb and Smoltz coming off the DL. Currently in 3rd place in a 10 team h2h league. I'm killing it in the HR (+20), RBI (+25), and Saves (+8) departments but losing steals every week, and I don't have the roster/starting spot to pick up a SAGNOF guy to help there. So I did this:

Damon & Fuentes for Ichiro.

Then I dropped De La Rosa for Aardsma, who I thought would replace Fuentes pretty well. Did I give up too much here? Is there somebody else I should have targeted/still can target?

The rest of my team in in my sig. Thanks guys!
I answered on the blog.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Stumanji

Postby Stumanji » Fri May 22, 2009 3:52 pm

Thanks Grey.

Any other thoughts/praises/criticisms are welcome.

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri May 22, 2009 4:52 pm

Your hitting's solid, but I'm not sure you have the pitching for a ten team league. CC would be a solid target. Prince and a closer maybe?
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Stumanji

Postby Stumanji » Fri May 22, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: pitching: I've been middle of the pack so far. I didn't target starters in the draft since our minimum IP is only 18/week. If I punt Ws and Ks, I can reach the min IP and win Saves, WHIP, and K/BB if my closers pitch well. It's a bit of a strange strategy but I'm in 3rd place so far, so...

I traded Jered Weaver (who I picked up as a FA) for Webb two weeks ago, thinking the former wouldn't be able to keep up his hot start (but he keeps proving me wrong! :x ). I guess I'm a big believer in the "buy low-sell high" strategery.

CC's owner won't do just Prince + closer. He wants at least 2 position players. I actually had a deal worked out before the Ichiro trade: my Prince/Alexei/Fuentes for his CC/Peralta (he also has Bartlett), but I got cold feet since there's still a part of me deep down hoping that the a warm summer will thaw out a frozen Alexei. What are your thoughts on that deal? Any other SP I could target with the pieces I have? I've also been in preliminary talks with Halladay's owner over something involving El Caballo.

Sorry about the novella. Your help is much appreciated.

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri May 22, 2009 5:40 pm

No problem on the novella. I don't mind the CC deal you didn't do, but that's water on the bridge at this point. Actually, I didn't realize you had such a low IP minimum so your strategy's sound and your staff isn't as troublesome as I thought.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Stumanji

Postby Stumanji » Fri May 22, 2009 7:46 pm

Yea I didn't really have a problem with the CC trade; it was probably fair for both sides. However, my team has been doing well (3rd place, only 4 games back) with an average pitching staff and getting nothing from Alexei (took him in the 5th round), so I didn't really see the need to pull the trigger yet. If my SP starts to really kill me then I'll try to deal one of my big bats, but for now I'm just going to stay put. Hopefully Webb and Smoltz can give me a boost in a month or so.

I really really really don't trust the new Yankee ballpark, either, so CC wouldn't even be my first target to go after; just so happens that CC's owner was the one that was willing to talk. I went after Haren, Peavy, Halladay, Hamels, C-Bills, and King Felix, and everybody was asking for my first born.