Votto Keeper/Trade Q.

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
cpomar
Sponsor
Sponsor

Votto Keeper/Trade Q.

Postby cpomar » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:13 pm

for my home $-league, we have a few new owners in our 12-team auction draft league, and we count OPS as a 6th hitting category and use SV+HLD as a bullpen category instead of either/or. Early round bidding is often super-inflated, and I typically spend $60 or less on the pitching side.

I am really tempted to keep Votto at $42 since I'm certain he'll auction for more than that and am expecting a career year out of him in '12. Or I could let him drop. Or there's potential for a trade where I'd send him out for some combo of Jesus Montero at $6, Ike Davis at $15, Morrow at $6 and Scott Baker at $2. No sure things among those four but good potential value. If I did a deal like that, I would then not protect Marcum who I do not like at any price in '12. The rest of my keeper group is posted below.

All input/ideas welcome. Thanks.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives Hedley Lamarr
But, and this is a J. Lo-sized but, when I can buy food and you give me the balance from a $5 coupon, you’ve won my heart. G. Albright
-----------------------------------

Grey

Re: Votto Keeper/Trade Q.

Postby Grey » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:32 pm

for my home $-league, we have a few new owners in our 12-team auction draft league, and we count OPS as a 6th hitting category and use SV+HLD as a bullpen category instead of either/or. Early round bidding is often super-inflated, and I typically spend $60 or less on the pitching side.

I am really tempted to keep Votto at $42 since I'm certain he'll auction for more than that and am expecting a career year out of him in '12. Or I could let him drop. Or there's potential for a trade where I'd send him out for some combo of Jesus Montero at $6, Ike Davis at $15, Morrow at $6 and Scott Baker at $2. No sure things among those four but good potential value. If I did a deal like that, I would then not protect Marcum who I do not like at any price in '12. The rest of my keeper group is posted below.

All input/ideas welcome. Thanks.
I'd take that Montero deal...
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

bookiebob

Postby bookiebob » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:39 pm

I like keeping Votto.

Paired with Braun, that's a great start, even at those prices.

I like Montero and Morrow a little bit, no on Davis (price) and Baker (replacement level).

Good to see the can of corn!
Hey Smails! A thousand bucks you miss that putt!

Bourne

Postby Bourne » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:50 pm

I love Davis this year.
RCL Cracking the Whip: (5x5 ESPN roto)
C: Weiters
1B,3B,CI: Encarnacion, Wright, Alanso
2B,SS,MI: Getz, Kozma, Uggla
5xOF: Kemp, Holliday, Hunter, Soriano, Crisp
1xUtil: Markakis
Bn: Hill, Aybar
DL: Hart
SP: MadBum, Zimmermann, Morrow, Annibal Sanchez, Lynn, Anderson
RP: League, Parnell, Benoit, Hernandez

12 team F&F: (6x6 Yahoo! H2H with OPS and Losses)
C: Cervelli
1B,3B,CI: Gold, Zimmerman, Frazier
2B,SS,MI: Phillips, Ruthledge, Bonifacio
4xOF: Braun, Hamilton, Cruz, Hunter
2xUtil: Chris Davis, Span
SP: Latos, Moore, Zimmermann, Niese, Milone, Griffin, Miller, Cingrani, ~Streamer~
RP: Holland, Janssen, Perkins, Bailey, Valverde
2xNA: Straily, Grandal

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”