How do you stop "crazy" trades in your keeper league?

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
Raynman
Sponsor
Sponsor

How do you stop "crazy" trades in your keeper league?

Postby Raynman » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:10 pm

So it is year 3 of our keeper league (5x5 12 teams). You can keep up to 5 players at +1 where they were drafted. The past two years we have seen some pretty ridiculous trades in July and August where huge keepers like Tommy Hanson, Mike Stanton, Wainwright, and others have been traded for pretty much whoever they want. We have it set-up to where it takes 5 votes to veto, and no one wants to veto trades (because we know there is no collusion) but there have definitely been some horrible deals. Flash forward to this year.

We have an owner who is not happy with his team already and knows he won't be able to compete so is already looking to deal for keepers. His target is Mike Stanton. The first deal (which was vetoed) was Mike Stanton, Pavano, Colvin, Madson, and James McDonald for Youkilis, Cano, Daniel Hudson, Putz, and Quentin.

The second deal (which was also vetoed) was Figgins, Stanton, Colvin, and McDonald for Cano, Youkilis, Colby Lewis, and Quentin.

What do you guys do, if anything, to curb this kind of trading? I hate having to rely on all the other owners to veto all this, and I am thinking there has to be something in the rules we can put into effect besides just kicking out owners who do this.

Would love to hear suggestions.

Grey

Re: How do you stop "crazy" trades in your keeper league?

Postby Grey » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:47 am

Add a fee? Get better owners?
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”