ESPN Offensive Player Utility Draft Question

News, Injuries, Rosters - All football all the time!
uhoh308

ESPN Offensive Player Utility Draft Question

Postby uhoh308 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:56 pm

I've joined a league with a roster new to me. 10 team H2H IDP Keeper. The offense roster spots are : QB
2RB
WR/RB
2WR
Flex (WR,RB,TE)
TE
OP
I've got the second pick in Snake draft. I'm thinking it's important for me to get 2 elite QB's early such as QB,QB or QB,RB,QB. Am I correct Or do I go QB 1st and then wait for stafford, bradford country and pick RB's and WR's in between. I would assume that TE's would have greater value in these types of leagues.

I really need some guidance on this one. Thanks for your expertise and good luck this season.

P.S. Been a fan of your Baseball blog for 3 years and I've done well in FB with your advice. Thx again

Doc Holliday
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: ESPN Offensive Player Utility Draft Question

Postby Doc Holliday » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:00 am

In 2 QB leagues you'll need to get in on the first QB run for sure. And if two big time consistent QBs are available I could see grabbing them one and 2, but I'm usually looking to get the best available QB/RB/WR in round 1 and 2 with QB being one for sure. Yes, a #2 like Stafford and then a #3 like, well, whoever is left, is a good idea. I'm on the fence about TEs in leagues that flex them. I can see having an upside backup TE, but I'd be more likely to fill that slot with a RB or WR as long as the scoring doesn't benefit TEs.
Johnny Ringo: All right, 'lunger'. Let's do it.
Doc Holliday: Say when.

Doc Holliday: I'm your huckleberry...

Return to “Football - General Player Discussion”