LOGIN

Imagine the Freaky Friday scenario with Grey or Rudy.  One minute you’re a happy-go-lucky fantasy player who enjoys the occasional buffoonery, the next your spouting out catch phrases and terms to replace common English.  I would’ve had my headshot in the paper for saving that kitten if I wasn’t such a SAGNOF!  I wish I was a good father to my niños but unfortunately I’m just a HodgePadre…

Fortunately for this Friday, all you have to do to switch places with Rudy as the best fantasy analyst alive, is beat him in another awesome contest from our friends at DraftKings.  The contest is for this Friday’s night games, but you can ENTER NOW with the winner getting a ticket into the their $100,000 MLB Spring Fling where the #1 spot gets $20,000!  That’s a $100 value and entries are only $5 and you can enter up to two times for this one, with spots 2-10 winning $5.00.  As always, this is RAZZBALL EXCLUSIVE so there’s only 50 spots open with 3 filled already, so you gotta sign up fast!

Looking at last week’s picks, I had another solid outing:

SP – Mike Minor  5.2 IP  W  5 H  1 BB  4 Ks  (21 Pts)

CI – Adrian Gonzalez  1-5 (3 Pts)

MI – Ian Desmond 3-4  2 2B  1 3B  2 R (22 Pts)

OF1 – Jacoby Ellsbury  1-4  1 3B  1 RBI  1 R  (12 Pts)

OF2 – Jeff Francoeur  1-4  1 HR  1 RBI  1 R  (14 Pts)

UTIL – Salvador Perez  3-4  1 2B  (11 Pts)

TOTAL – 83 Pts (Previous week’s finish- 96)

A strong week as I wasn’t carried by Darvish’s huge 51 Pts from that near no-no a few weeks ago to beat April 2nd’s score.  As always, I’m going to stick with a CI, MI, 2 OF, SP, UTIL as my picks and try to top my previous weeks’ scores (while also picking some lower-priced players) in hopes of getting you that best line-up to Freaky Friday Rudy.  I mean, who doesn’t want to be in a 14-year old girl’s punk band…?  Oh wait, that’s the movie, not really Rudy’s life… Or is it…?

Here’s who I like for the Friday Night contest in DraftKings:

SP – Matt Harvey ($10,100) – There’s really no other pitcher throwing the ball better right now, and when it comes to DraftKings, I wanna spend big for my starters and Harvey isn’t too big a price tag for Friday.  He gets to pitch back in home at spacious Citi Field against a somewhat inconsistent and already slightly hurt Nationals line-up – with Bryce Harper all flu-zy and Danny Espinosa with a bum hand as of right now – it should be yet another great game for Harvey.  Even if those Nationals bats return, they’ll be a little rusty.  Harvey is pitching deep into games and a great daily play (well, and season play).

CI – Ike Davis ($4,200) – I know what you’re thinking… Dude is hitting .136 (at the time of this article) and going against Stephen Strasburg!  Well Strasburg has shown he’s human lately and Davis is 3-8 with a homer against him.  I like Davis as a cheaper-ish option for some power potential on Friday night.

MI – Jhonny Peralta ($2,900) – The “first-name typo” is hitting the ball extremely well early this year, and gets a great matchup against Angels pitcher Garrett Richards.  Peralta is 2-6 with a double and a pair of RBIs against Richards and I just don’t think Richards is a good pitcher.  Get Weaver back!

OF1 – Jay Bruce ($4,800) – Starting a bit slow, Bruce has yet to hit a homer and is striking out way too much.  The remedy for that?  Kevin Slowey, who gives up way too many home runs and too much contact while barely striking anyone out.  The game will be in The Great American Ballpark, so Slowey will get no help with the color-orgy Marlins Park.  I like Bruce a ton in this game for a solid value.

OF2 – Nick Swisher ($4,300) – There’s not much data to go on, Swisher is 0-1 against Lucas Harrell, but I don’t think Harrell is a particularly good pitcher and I like Swish’s prospects and lower-range price tag for Friday night.  Should be a nice warm night to warm up the Indians bats. “Hats for bats.  Keep bats warm.  Gracias!”

UTIL – Pablo Sandoval ($4,200) – Name the Padres pitcher you’d most want a hitter to face right now… You got it?  It’s gotta be Edinson Volquez, who has been brutal so far.  Sandoval is 3-5 against him with a double and 2 RBIs.  Love this matchup.

If you have any questions about anyone else or for other DraftKings contests before Friday, shoot them below, thanks for checking them out!

CAN YOU BEAT RUDY GAMBLE?