Brett Cecil?

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
Fenris-77

Brett Cecil?

Postby Fenris-77 » Tue May 04, 2010 3:40 am

This kid has been lighting it up and I'd love to add him to my staff, even just on spec, but I'm really struggling with the idea of dropping anyone I've got. Here's the staff (5x5 roto scoring, keep 7)...

SP:
Halladay
Weaver
Hughes
CJ Wilson
Cole Hamels
Kevin Slowey

RP:
Marmol
Feliz
Lindstrom
Rodney

DL:
Weurtz
Gonzalez

Slowey and Rodney are the only two guys that I'm even half tempted to drop. I'm not at all sure that dropping Slowey is a good idea since I think he'll end being pretty good, which I guess leaves Rodney. I'm a complete miser with my speculative saves guys though. Anyway, I guess the question really is do we think that Cecil's value is going to be high enough to warrant dropping a guy like Rodney? My rotation isn't hurting at all, so it's more about value than production - eventually I'm going to need to flip some pitching for hitting, and Cecil could be a nice piece.

Other FA pitchers of note:
L-Her, The Gorz, Garland, Chacin

On a related note, some doode just offered me McGahee and Gregerson for Feliz and Rodney. I wouldn't be starting McGehee so it sounds kind meh, even though my bats are a little fru-fru so far (Mc-G would essentially replace Reimold on my bench). Would anyone pull the trigger on that? I'm currently lower third hitting so far, but my corners are Youk and Morales, with Utely at 2nd.

PollardsVision

Re: Brett Cecil?

Postby PollardsVision » Tue May 04, 2010 4:48 am

Sounds like you are good at grabbing spec saves off the wire, so I'd consider that McGhee deal, then drop Bergeson for Cecil.

A power hitting 2B for a couple of set-up men sounds like good value to me. It'll hurt to lose them, but I think it's worth it for McGhee.
10 team 5x5 ROTO (OBP), 11-player keeper, C/1B/2B/3B/SS/MI/CI/IF/5OF/UTIL/8SP/3RP

C: Castro, Montero
1B: Rizzo, Adams, Lind
2B: Kinsler, Kipnis
3B: M.Cabrera, Frazier, Reynolds
SS: Alcides
OF: Stanton, Trumbo, Choo, Marte, Rasmus, Blackmon, Bradley Jr.

SP: Gio, Scherzer, Ryu, Cashner, Kuroda, Lackey, Minor, Wood, Peralta
RP: Balfour, Perkins, Nathan, Frieri, Fields

havok

Re: Brett Cecil?

Postby havok » Tue May 04, 2010 6:30 am

I'd hold onto Feliz/Rodney and don't see anyone to drop for Cecil, not that your SP need him.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

"The worst thing that can happen to a gambler is to win."

"When you bet on a dog only three things can happen; two of them are good."

Follow all my tweeting nonsense @TheRealestDan

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”