Berkman

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
Achilles

Berkman

Postby Achilles » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:27 am

I have Votto @ 1b and Pena @ Util. Should I try to get Berkman? I can get him on waivers. I have 3 OF slots and 2 Util. Would have to drop either an OF-Werth, Cruz, Pierre, or Borbon, (Borbon would be the only one I'd consider) or a P-Wainwright, Kershaw, Harden, Slowey, Hamels, K-Rod, MGonzalez, Perez, Joba, Bard, Guerrier and Chapman. We start 2SP, 2RP and 4P. 1400ip max. I like going with several relievers to help with ratios and K's, but Gonzo may lose his job very soon and I'm wondering if dropping him or Borbon or Chapman is worth getting a guy who may not make it in to my lineup considering I already have 2 starter quality 1b. Need professional advice... :|

Beane Disciple

Re: Berkman

Postby Beane Disciple » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:52 am

I think you have to pick him up, just based on the potential that he manages to be 80% of his former self (those would still be great numbers). Drop Joba or Bard for him. I understand the Middle Reliever argument with the ratios and so forth, but those players are rarely getting you wins or saves. Instead, you can spot start pitchers throughout the season.
Yahoo League: 10 Team Roto 5x5

C- Wieters
1B- Cabrera
2B- Cuddyer
SS- Hanley
3B- Beltre
CI: Ike Davis
MI: Andrus
LF- Tabata
CF- BJ Upton
RF- De Aza
UTIL- Maybin