Value vs. Stud

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
ZamBR

Value vs. Stud

Postby ZamBR » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:32 pm

Hey, I have a quick question (i.e. looking for reassurance). My keepers are due tomorrow night for a 12 team eague that uses C, 1b, 2b, SS, 3b, MI, CI, 4 OF, in addition to 9 pitchers. I have to keep three guys at their last year draft spot - 2 rounds. So anyone drafted last year in the first 3 rounds are kept as a first rounder this year and a 5th rounder = 3rd rounder this year, etc.

Anyway, I am absolutely keeping Hanley and Upton (6th round), but I am having trouble deciding between the pure value candidate and a guy who I like a lot next year. Would you keep Nyjer Morgan with a last pick in the draft or Kershaw in the 13th round. I am leaning towards Morgan, but I really want to have Kershaw back. Also, Baseball Prospectus's PECOTA expectations for Morgan seem underwhelming to me. Any thoughts?

Grey

Re: Value vs. Stud

Postby Grey » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:54 pm

Hey, I have a quick question (i.e. looking for reassurance). My keepers are due tomorrow night for a 12 team eague that uses C, 1b, 2b, SS, 3b, MI, CI, 4 OF, in addition to 9 pitchers. I have to keep three guys at their last year draft spot - 2 rounds. So anyone drafted last year in the first 3 rounds are kept as a first rounder this year and a 5th rounder = 3rd rounder this year, etc.

Anyway, I am absolutely keeping Hanley and Upton (6th round), but I am having trouble deciding between the pure value candidate and a guy who I like a lot next year. Would you keep Nyjer Morgan with a last pick in the draft or Kershaw in the 13th round. I am leaning towards Morgan, but I really want to have Kershaw back. Also, Baseball Prospectus's PECOTA expectations for Morgan seem underwhelming to me. Any thoughts?
Kershaw... Morgan's SAGNOF and nothing else. You can get that in Borbon towards the end of your draft if you want it. Kershaw could compete for a Cy Young... Probably not, but could.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

ZamBR

Postby ZamBR » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:54 am

Right, but I would be keeping Morgan in that 25th round and OF is a bit shallower than in years past. Kershaw has obvious talent and value but isn't it better to have Morgan and a 13th round pick then Kershaw and a 25th?

Grey

Postby Grey » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:24 pm

No, I'd want Kershaw.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

amscalone

Postby amscalone » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:31 pm

Gotta go with Kershaw. Then grab yourself a SP at the end of tier 1 or beginning of teir 2 and you have the beginning of a strong staff.

Morgan could be great...or you could drop him 6 weeks into the season.
10 team 10x10 H2H keep 7, 5 add/drops per week limit
(hitting: r,bb,1b,2b,3b,hr,rbi,sb,k,.avg | pitching: ip,w,l,cg,bb,k,hra,era,whip,sv) Reggie Robying saves, as always

C: Wieters
1b: Cabrera
2b: Phillips
3b: Longoria
SS: Andrus
CI: Fielder
MI: Raburn
OF: CarGo
OF: J Upton
OF: Lind (1b,of)
OF: Stubbs
UTL: Reynolds

Bench: Torres, Snider, Beckham, Pena, Escobar, J. Montero, Utley

SP: Lincecum, Jimenez, Gallardo, Billingsley, Volques, Chacin, E. Jackson, McDonald
RP: Chapman

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”