Keeper Decisions

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
Lucc
Sponsor
Sponsor

Keeper Decisions

Postby Lucc » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:31 pm

12 Team 11 player Keeper League.(5x5) C,1b,2b,mi,3b,CI (5)OF's & (2) DH's.

Def Bats: Justin Mornaeu, Dustin Pedrioa, Joey Votto, Adam Lind, Jason Bay, Andre Either are my Definite Bat(s).
Pitchers: (10 Total) Cliff Lee, Jurjens

Need to decide which 3 to select out of these options (others I will target for trade).

Aramis Ramirez, Alex Rios, Carlos Lee, Wandy Rodriquez and Max Scherzer? Any help is appreciated. I love this site.
13 Tm Mixed 11 Major 3 Minor Keeper "Midnight Crazies" (Est. 2003, 2014 Champion, 2015 runner up)
Batters
C
1B Abreu, Jose (Keeper) (trade jones, Lester, Joe Ross & Brantley)
2B Altuve, Jose (Keeper)
3B Frazier, Todd (Keeper)
SS Bogaerts, Xander (Keeper)
MI
CI Donaldson, Josh (Keeper)
OF McCutchen, Andrew (Keeper)
OF Cespedes, Yoenis (keeper) (trade puig)
OF Grichuk, Randal (Keeper)
OF
OF
DH
DH

Pitchers
P Bumgarner, Madison (keeper)
P Archer, Chris (Keeper)
P Rodon, Carlos (Keeper)
P
P
P
P
P
P
p

Minor - David Dahl
Minor - Max Kepler
Minor - Sean Manaea

Grey

Re: Keeper Decisions

Postby Grey » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:44 pm

12 Team 11 player Keeper League.(5x5) C,1b,2b,mi,3b,CI (5)OF's & (2) DH's.

Def Bats: Justin Mornaeu, Dustin Pedrioa, Joey Votto, Adam Lind, Jason Bay, Andre Either are my Definite Bat(s).
Pitchers: (10 Total) Cliff Lee, Jurjens

Need to decide which 3 to select out of these options (others I will target for trade).

Aramis Ramirez, Alex Rios, Carlos Lee, Wandy Rodriquez and Max Scherzer? Any help is appreciated. I love this site.
Thanks for the kind words! Aramis, Carlos and Wandy...
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Lucc
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Lucc » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:48 pm

holy fast response batman...Thanks for the insight, In grey I trust.
13 Tm Mixed 11 Major 3 Minor Keeper "Midnight Crazies" (Est. 2003, 2014 Champion, 2015 runner up)
Batters
C
2B Altuve, Jose (Keeper)
MI
OF
OF
DH
DH

Pitchers
P Archer, Chris (Keeper)
P Rodon, Carlos (Keeper)
P
P
P
P
P
P
p

Minor - David Dahl
Minor - Max Kepler
Minor - Sean Manaea

Lucc
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Lucc » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:00 pm

Grey, league also includes 3 minor league keepers; I have Hellickson, Chris Carter (A's), Scott sizemore, Michael Brantley, Jarrod Parker, Ike Davis and Chris Heisey:
I've been holding on to Parker for two years, but should be able to redraft him given the surgery. I figure I keep Hellickson, Carter and one of either Sizemore or Brantley. At first I was leaning Sizemore, but keeping Carlos Lee over rios means I have zero speed, so now I'm leaning Brantly for some sagnof if he is in the majors to start the year. Do you agree with the 4 choices? If so am I correct to keep brantley over sizemore?
Batters
C
2B Altuve, Jose (Keeper)
MI
OF
OF
DH
DH

Pitchers
P Archer, Chris (Keeper)
P Rodon, Carlos (Keeper)
P
P
P
P
P
P
p

Minor - David Dahl
Minor - Max Kepler
Minor - Sean Manaea

Grey

Postby Grey » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:30 pm

Grey, league also includes 3 minor league keepers; I have Hellickson, Chris Carter (A's), Scott sizemore, Michael Brantley, Jarrod Parker, Ike Davis and Chris Heisey:
I've been holding on to Parker for two years, but should be able to redraft him given the surgery. I figure I keep Hellickson, Carter and one of either Sizemore or Brantley. At first I was leaning Sizemore, but keeping Carlos Lee over rios means I have zero speed, so now I'm leaning Brantly for some sagnof if he is in the majors to start the year. Do you agree with the 4 choices? If so am I correct to keep brantley over sizemore?
Four choices? You said three keepers. Slightly confused, but I'd keep Brantley, Carter and Hellickson.
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Lucc
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Lucc » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:05 pm

Thanks Grey; I meant to suggest the four players I took out of the entire group; and then eliminate the least valuable from there. Keeping Brantley confirmed, thanks again.
Batters
C
2B Altuve, Jose (Keeper)
MI
OF
OF
DH
DH

Pitchers
P Archer, Chris (Keeper)
P Rodon, Carlos (Keeper)
P
P
P
P
P
P
p

Minor - David Dahl
Minor - Max Kepler
Minor - Sean Manaea

Lucc
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Lucc » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:15 am

Grey,

Does enough time remain to reverse Jurjens demotion due to the early MRI? The news seems like it was a real precaution given training camp hadn't even started yet. I already had to decide between Jurjens make up and Scherzer stuff (plus his injury risk), is this enough to follow Scherzers talent and hope for the best and let someone else take on Jurjens present and future value?
Batters
C
2B Altuve, Jose (Keeper)
MI
OF
OF
DH
DH

Pitchers
P Archer, Chris (Keeper)
P Rodon, Carlos (Keeper)
P
P
P
P
P
P
p

Minor - David Dahl
Minor - Max Kepler
Minor - Sean Manaea

Grey

Postby Grey » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:26 am

I'd let someone else take Jurrjens.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Lucc
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Lucc » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:25 pm

Grey,

First is it okay to keep using the same post? I was thinking earlier that even though Hellickson is probably my best prospect, usually hitters have a better chance of making an impact their rookie year. Hellickson most likely will lose his rookie eligibility during the season, leaving me with a nice prospect not proven enough to keep without really having an impact on the 2010 season. If Scott Sizemore wins the 2b job and starts the entire year, at some point I will need to use my bench and can plug him in with the chance to get some stats. I would then use the waiver wire for a need to fill in pitching. Any credence to this thought?

Also, have a deal in place to trade Moreau for Matt Holiday. Good move right even though I have a lot of OF’s?
Batters
C
2B Altuve, Jose (Keeper)
MI
OF
OF
DH
DH

Pitchers
P Archer, Chris (Keeper)
P Rodon, Carlos (Keeper)
P
P
P
P
P
P
p

Minor - David Dahl
Minor - Max Kepler
Minor - Sean Manaea

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:37 pm

Grey,

First is it okay to keep using the same post? I was thinking earlier that even though Hellickson is probably my best prospect, usually hitters have a better chance of making an impact their rookie year. Hellickson most likely will lose his rookie eligibility during the season, leaving me with a nice prospect not proven enough to keep without really having an impact on the 2010 season. If Scott Sizemore wins the 2b job and starts the entire year, at some point I will need to use my bench and can plug him in with the chance to get some stats. I would then use the waiver wire for a need to fill in pitching. Any credence to this thought?

Also, have a deal in place to trade Moreau for Matt Holiday. Good move right even though I have a lot of OF’s?
It's fine to keep using the same post... Might even make it easier to reference things. I'd want Holliday.

re: Sizemore -- There is credence to that though. Hellickson might be better in the longterm, but Sizemore will be better than him sooner vs. later.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”