Which 2 SP would you keep

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
ProjectBadass

Which 2 SP would you keep

Postby ProjectBadass » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:28 am

Kershaw, Vazquez, Price, Jered Weaver
Which 2 SP would you keep? I have the option of keping them for up to 3 years, then I have to put them back in the player pool. Catagories: IP, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

When I asked this a couple months ago, you said Kershaw & Vazquez. Does Vazquez's trade to NY change your answer?

Grey

Re: Which 2 SP would you keep

Postby Grey » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:22 pm

Kershaw, Vazquez, Price, Jered Weaver
Which 2 SP would you keep? I have the option of keping them for up to 3 years, then I have to put them back in the player pool. Catagories: IP, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

When I asked this a couple months ago, you said Kershaw & Vazquez. Does Vazquez's trade to NY change your answer?
The trade changes how I feel about Vazquez by a lot, but Price and Weaver are close to a push with him still. If you throw back Vazquez, I fear it might be overthinking things. If anything, trade Vazquez to someone who thinks it's a great thing that he got traded to the Yanks. Is that possible?
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

ProjectBadass

Postby ProjectBadass » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:11 pm

It's possible, but highley unlikely. I was trying to upgrade one of them during the season and didn't get very far in any trade talks. I am really tempted to keep Price, just because I am drunk on his upside.

Grey

Postby Grey » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:28 pm

Love Price's upside, but since you have Kershaw might want to think about Weaver's boring, but predictable 3.75 ERA. It's not an easy call, that's why I was hoping you could move Vazquez to a Yankee fan.
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

ProjectBadass

Postby ProjectBadass » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:48 pm

haha, I am the only Yankee fan in the league. Everyone else, of course, hates them.

danialharris

Postby danialharris » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:54 am

I like Keeping Price over Vasquez or Weaver. The Rays have improved their bullpen which was horrendous last year and I think it will prove valuable to him. I like Weaver also, he has been around a little longer than Price and I think we know exactly what we're gonna get from him by now. Either way, I'm on board with you guys about steering clear of Javy this year.

ProjectBadass

Postby ProjectBadass » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:23 am

I have been looking at a couple of teams to trade with and I think there is a slight chance of trading Javy. If I could get Jose Lopez, would you keep him over Price or Weaver? My other keepers are Choo, Victorino, & Kershaw.

Grey

Postby Grey » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:10 am

I have been looking at a couple of teams to trade with and I think there is a slight chance of trading Javy. If I could get Jose Lopez, would you keep him over Price or Weaver? My other keepers are Choo, Victorino, & Kershaw.
I wouldn't trade him for Lopez.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

ProjectBadass

Postby ProjectBadass » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:41 pm

Last night I was just messing around and just threw a trade out there and it was surprisingly accepted. I feel that it is a pretty solid trade. I may have been able to get more, but the only 2 other players I thought were better keepers (Votto & Justin Upton) and any better SP keeper (Carps, Grienke, King Felix) were all 100% untouchable.

I send Chris Davis, Javy Vazquez, & Jered Weaver for Adam Lind.
He will be only able to keep one, so two of these guys r probably going back into the player pool.

I wasn't planning on keeping any of the guys I am trading and now my keepers are Choo, Victorino, Lind, and Kershaw/Price. Even though I have 3 OF, we do have 5 OF spots with a UTIL, so I don't think it’s that big of a deal I have only OF keepers. I feel the combination of those 3 OF pretty is insane and well balanced, especially since we couldn't keep any of our 1st round picks. I also have the 11th pick, so I will be looking to hopefully get Utley and a nice 1B.

What is our opinion? Did I do well in the trade?

Grey

Postby Grey » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:18 pm

Last night I was just messing around and just threw a trade out there and it was surprisingly accepted. I feel that it is a pretty solid trade. I may have been able to get more, but the only 2 other players I thought were better keepers (Votto & Justin Upton) and any better SP keeper (Carps, Grienke, King Felix) were all 100% untouchable.

I send Chris Davis, Javy Vazquez, & Jered Weaver for Adam Lind.
He will be only able to keep one, so two of these guys r probably going back into the player pool.

I wasn't planning on keeping any of the guys I am trading and now my keepers are Choo, Victorino, Lind, and Kershaw/Price. Even though I have 3 OF, we do have 5 OF spots with a UTIL, so I don't think it’s that big of a deal I have only OF keepers. I feel the combination of those 3 OF pretty is insane and well balanced, especially since we couldn't keep any of our 1st round picks. I also have the 11th pick, so I will be looking to hopefully get Utley and a nice 1B.

What is our opinion? Did I do well in the trade?
It's a fair trade for you since you got the best guy in the trade and he can only keep one guy. As you say, it does make your outfield more balanced so it's solid for your team in particular.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”