Pick 7 Keepers

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
kothatsme

Pick 7 Keepers

Postby kothatsme » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:49 pm

There are no restrictions or anything 10 player league with cats of: R, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, L, CG, SV, K, ERA, and WHIP. its also Head 2 Head. i know for sure im keeping Albert Pujols and Chase Utley

Albert Pujols 1B
Chase Utley 2B
Mark Reynolds 3B
Jimmy Rollins SS
Joey Votto 1B
Nick Markakis OF
Raul Ibanez OF
Matt Holliday OF
Alex Rios OF
Jose Lopez 2B
Matt LaPorta OF

Jake Peavy SP
Josh Johnson SP
Chad Billingsley SP
Yovani Gallardo SP
John Lackey SP
Rick Porcello SP
Randy Wells SP
Madison Bumgarner SP
Wade Davis SP
Carlos Marmol RP
Francisco Cordero RP
H2H Keeper League: 7x7 R, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, L, CG, SV, K, WHIP, ERA. 7 Keepers.

Grey

Re: Pick 7 Keepers

Postby Grey » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:13 pm

There are no restrictions or anything 10 player league with cats of: R, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, L, CG, SV, K, ERA, and WHIP. its also Head 2 Head. i know for sure im keeping Albert Pujols and Chase Utley

Albert Pujols 1B
Chase Utley 2B
Mark Reynolds 3B
Jimmy Rollins SS
Joey Votto 1B
Nick Markakis OF
Raul Ibanez OF
Matt Holliday OF
Alex Rios OF
Jose Lopez 2B
Matt LaPorta OF

Jake Peavy SP
Josh Johnson SP
Chad Billingsley SP
Yovani Gallardo SP
John Lackey SP
Rick Porcello SP
Randy Wells SP
Madison Bumgarner SP
Wade Davis SP
Carlos Marmol RP
Francisco Cordero RP
Albert Pujols 1B
Chase Utley 2B
Mark Reynolds 3B
Jimmy Rollins SS
Joey Votto 1B
Raul Ibanez OF
Matt Holliday OF
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

kothatsme

Postby kothatsme » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:35 pm

no pitchers??? that might be a little risky for me since my league are like pitching sharks. if you dont get some early have fun giving up and arm, a leg and your left nut for some
H2H Keeper League: 7x7 R, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, L, CG, SV, K, WHIP, ERA. 7 Keepers.

Grimlock

Postby Grimlock » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:03 am

Josh Johnson is the best pitcher you're carrying, though I suppose Gallardo could also be justified. I disagree with Grey that Ibanez is a good keeper, as he is a serious age risk. That leaves your last keeper spot somewhat up in the air with Markakis also legitimately in the mix. But if you want a pitcher there, go with Johnson or Gallardo.

Bake McBride

Postby Bake McBride » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:11 am

Josh Johnson is definitely your best pitcher now, so if you want to keep a pitcher, then he's the one.

I've read some rave reviews about MadBum, so he might be worth looking in to as a keeper. But that's probably more of a long-range investment/short term gamble because he might not pay out for another year or two.

You could make a case for Lackey or Peavy, but they just don't do it for me as keeper material. Billingsley was great when the season started but really petered out, so he kind of scares me.

(I carry a grudge against Gallardo... I spent a high draft pick on him a couple of years ago and he really burned me. He got hurt and basically missed the entire season.)

Simply Fred
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Simply Fred » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:52 am

Johnson is good, but neither he nor Gallardo in Lincecum/Greinke/Verlander top-end category. There will be many in Johnson's range on draft day. Stick with Grey's advice.

kothatsme

Postby kothatsme » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:06 pm

i dont know about jimmy rollins. hes been on the decline since his MVP year and was terrible in the first half. my original feeling for keepers was either pujols, utley, reynolds, holliday, and a choice between markakis and votto and the last two picks going to pitchers

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”