Dropping Scherzer?

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
inertiatic
Sponsor
Sponsor

Dropping Scherzer?

Postby inertiatic » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:49 am

Grey I've seen you say to cut loose scerzer in one year leagues... But what about in a keeper league, where he won't necessarily make the cut? I'm trying to package him in a trade before it comes to that but he's killing a spot on my roster and I mostly can't start him.

FA options include J. Sanchez, Wakefield, Meche, Morrow, Arroyo, all the rookie nookie you can handle or a plethora of MR'ers.

Is it worth giving his potential to another roster to solidify mine for the playoff push? I'm thinkin Sanchez would look good on my squad, all those K's look deliciouso!

Team and settings in sig and such.
10 tm H2H Dynasty (3rd Year)
7X7 + TB, OPS & Holds, QS
C- Weiters
1B- Goldy
2B- Ever-Cab
3B- Longoris
SS- Tulo
OF-(start 3) Braun, C. Davis, Kemp, Marte, Cuddyer
UTIL- Votto, one of the above OF
Bench- 1 spot for a hot-schmotato

SP- Greinke, Latos, M. Moore, Medlen, Iwakuma, Hamels, Gausman, E. Ramirez, H. Bailey, T. Walker, J. Tallion, M. Pineda, I. Nova
RP- A. Reed, R. Soriano, G. Holland, Balfour, D. Smyly
DL- B. Beachy

Grey

Re: Dropping Scherzer?

Postby Grey » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:06 pm

Grey I've seen you say to cut loose scerzer in one year leagues... But what about in a keeper league, where he won't necessarily make the cut? I'm trying to package him in a trade before it comes to that but he's killing a spot on my roster and I mostly can't start him.

FA options include J. Sanchez, Wakefield, Meche, Morrow, Arroyo, all the rookie nookie you can handle or a plethora of MR'ers.

Is it worth giving his potential to another roster to solidify mine for the playoff push? I'm thinkin Sanchez would look good on my squad, all those K's look deliciouso!

Team and settings in sig and such.
Can you lose Hawkins? I don't think you want to let someone else grab Scherzer for next year.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

inertiatic
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby inertiatic » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:11 pm

I can lose Hawkins, but its a holds league and my saves are thin compared to other teams so I need the stupid holds.

I'll just hold him if I can't trade him for some value.

Thanks!
10 tm H2H Dynasty (3rd Year)
7X7 + TB, OPS & Holds, QS
C- Weiters
1B- Goldy
2B- Ever-Cab
3B- Longoris
SS- Tulo
OF-(start 3) Braun, C. Davis, Kemp, Marte, Cuddyer
UTIL- Votto, one of the above OF
Bench- 1 spot for a hot-schmotato

SP- Greinke, Latos, M. Moore, Medlen, Iwakuma, Hamels, Gausman, E. Ramirez, H. Bailey, T. Walker, J. Tallion, M. Pineda, I. Nova
RP- A. Reed, R. Soriano, G. Holland, Balfour, D. Smyly
DL- B. Beachy

papasmurf

Postby papasmurf » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:40 pm

I'd rather have Scherzer than Sanchez even this yr.

You never know with these young guys with great potential, he could finish the year with 5 straight good outings.

I wouldn't touch Arroyo unless you were desperate. You could end up with one of those 1 IP 9 ER kind of outings.

But your luck's gotta be better than mine so maybe you can do it. I know if I did it, that's what would happen.

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”