Montgomery or Kikuchi for ROS?

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
LadyScorpio
Sponsor
Sponsor

Montgomery or Kikuchi for ROS?

Postby LadyScorpio » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:01 am

Hey Grey!

Last time I wrote in, I was bottom-feeding in my 10 team Yahoo league. Thanks to my pitching, I went from 3rd place to 9th literally overnight and that's a problem cause this is a roto money league and it's H-A-R-D to change your pitching stats for the better without good starts from your SPs. You advised me to drop Montas and add J. Montgomery, so I did. Since then, Montas pitched great vs Houston and Montgomery got his _ss handed to him by Tampa. Generally, I don't like owning AL East SPs. Also, being a die-hard Red Sox fan doesn't do me any favors when owning a Yankee SP. As I write this, Kikuchi is available. Should I replace Montgomery with him or have them both on my squad? Whom do you think will be more beneficial to my squad for the ROS?

To recap...10 team, roto, 6x6, keeper, saves+holds league; keepers in bold:

C - McCann (isn't doing much)
1B - Moran
2B - Merrifield
SS - S. Kim
3B - Rendon (sits out every other game it seems)
CI - Dalbec - (hasn't done much)
MI - Cronenworth
OF - Acuña, Castellanos, Laureano & S. Marte
U - Grisham & Baddoo
BN - Trammell & L. Taveras
IL - Bellinger & Tatis
NA - Kirilloff
SP - Bieber, Maeda, Mahle, Means & Montgomery
RP - Castillo, Hand, Green, Pomeranz & Montero
IL - S. Gray (can't WAIT for this guy to return)
NA - Sixto

On paper, I think I have a great team, but the injuries have hit me hard, especially offensively. However, my pitching's worse. I had Tanner Rainey, who was supposed to be this killer arm for holds but he was killing my team instead, so I ditched him for Trammell. I need at least 6 good SPs to stay competitive. I could drop a utility guy to add Kikuchi or just wait until S. Gray returns, but I don't know how long it'll be before he comes back. Ugh!!! I know it's only the 3rd week of the season, but I'm losing my league and I HATE losing, Grey!!! I TRULY HATE IT!!! Please advise.

Thank you,
LadyScorpio
(1 of 5 Female Razzball Readers and proud of it!!! :D)

Grey

Re: Montgomery or Kikuchi for ROS?

Postby Grey » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:10 am

I'd hold, Gray's back any day now, so you're gonna have to lose someone (Baddoo, prolly)
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”