H2h Points League

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
the Yak

H2h Points League

Postby the Yak » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:23 am

Grey,

Whirlaway checking in. I asked about this league in comments the other day...

8 team (formerly 12 team) ESPN h2h points league. lots of hitting categories, pitching is QS, saves, holds, etc. this is the league where holds and saves both worth 4 pts, but blown saves are -.5, so we targeted holds guys late. Edit Scoring settings in my reply post below

Not sure it helps but - Scherzer was highest scoring pitcher last year (961 points), JoRam highest batter (939)

C - Contreras
1B - Muncy
2B - Baez
3B - Bregman
SS - Story
MI - Mondesi
CI - Shaw
OF - Betts
OF - Harper
OF - Dahl
Util - Gallo
Util - Mazara

SP - Strasburg
SP - Clevinger
SP - Flaherty
SP - Marquez
SP - L. Castillo
SP - Luccessi
SP - Matz
SP - Musgrove
SP - Glasnow
RP - Britton, Kelly, Hicks, Pressly

1. Roster reactions given the league?

2. should I roll with Gallo / Mazara at UTIL? best available hitters:

d. santana
voit
bird
jbj
c. hernandez
odubel
j. martinez
markakis
winker
schwarber
a. simmons
lamehieu
j. polanco
g. polanco
semien

3. are any or most of my SP's streamers in this league? best available are Marco Gonazales, ryu, skaggs, etc.

sorry - a lot going on here. just looking to see if I'm on the right track. First points league, but super shallow, so I'm confused...

thank you sir!
Last edited by the Yak on Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

the Yak

Re: H2h Points League

Postby the Yak » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:24 pm

Skip,

Here's the scoring system, since above might not make sense without it:

Hits 1
Runs 1
Singles 1
Doubles 2
Triples 3
HR 3
RBI 3
Walks 2
IBB 2
K's -1
SB 2

Appearances 1
Innings Pitched 3
Earned runs -1
Wlks -1
K's 1
QS 3
Wins 3
Loss -3
Save Opp 1
Saves 4
Blown Save -0.5
Holds 4

Grey

Postby Grey » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:56 am

Grey,

Whirlaway checking in. I asked about this league in comments the other day...

8 team (formerly 12 team) ESPN h2h points league. lots of hitting categories, pitching is QS, saves, holds, etc. this is the league where holds and saves both worth 4 pts, but blown saves are -.5, so we targeted holds guys late. Edit Scoring settings in my reply post below

Not sure it helps but - Scherzer was highest scoring pitcher last year (961 points), JoRam highest batter (939)

C - Contreras
1B - Muncy
2B - Baez
3B - Bregman
SS - Story
MI - Mondesi
CI - Shaw
OF - Betts
OF - Harper
OF - Dahl
Util - Gallo
Util - Mazara

SP - Strasburg
SP - Clevinger
SP - Flaherty
SP - Marquez
SP - L. Castillo
SP - Luccessi
SP - Matz
SP - Musgrove
SP - Glasnow
RP - Britton, Kelly, Hicks, Pressly

1. Roster reactions given the league?

2. should I roll with Gallo / Mazara at UTIL? best available hitters:

d. santana
voit
bird
jbj
c. hernandez
odubel
j. martinez
markakis
winker
schwarber
a. simmons
lamehieu
j. polanco
g. polanco
semien

3. are any or most of my SP's streamers in this league? best available are Marco Gonazales, ryu, skaggs, etc.

sorry - a lot going on here. just looking to see if I'm on the right track. First points league, but super shallow, so I'm confused...

thank you sir!
2nd question first: Domingo over Mazara, hold Gallo

1. The team looks great, there's not much to quibble with, I guess I don't understand the lack of closers since saves and opps get points, but that's fine
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

the Yak

Postby the Yak » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:09 am

Grey,

1. Need 1 for Util in this league: Muncy, Moncada, Miggy, Mazara, Joc, Aguilar, or Kike?

2. took your advice above - dropped my holds guys for saves guys given the points for Sav Opps. Current pitching:

strasburg
flaherty
clevinger
marquez
castillo
luccesi
glasnow
musgrove
matz
bieber

yates
w. davis
j. hicks

drop any of the above for Aroldis?

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:49 am

Grey,

1. Need 1 for Util in this league: Muncy, Moncada, Miggy, Mazara, Joc, Aguilar, or Kike?

2. took your advice above - dropped my holds guys for saves guys given the points for Sav Opps. Current pitching:

strasburg
flaherty
clevinger
marquez
castillo
luccesi
glasnow
musgrove
matz
bieber

yates
w. davis
j. hicks

drop any of the above for Aroldis?
1. Aguilar

2. Hicks
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

the Yak

Postby the Yak » Sat May 11, 2019 7:55 am

8 team ESPN h2h points league

C - Contreras
1B - Muncy
2B - Baez
3B - Bregman
SS - Story
MI - Mondesi
CI - Shaw
OF - Betts
OF - Harper
OF - Domingod
Util - Gallo
Util - Dahl

SP - Strasburg
SP - Clevinger
SP - Flaherty
SP - Marquez
SP - L. Castillo
SP - Maeda
SP - Matz
SP - Musgrove
SP - Glasnow
SP - Bieber
RP - Aroldis, Yates

1. lose any of Dahl, Shaw for Robles, Puig, Bell, Eloy, Castellanos, Donaldson, Braun, Meadows, Mancini, Hicks, Franco, Voit?

2. would you trade Clevinger/Mondesi for Yelich or Trout?

Grey

Postby Grey » Sat May 11, 2019 9:38 am

8 team ESPN h2h points league

C - Contreras
1B - Muncy
2B - Baez
3B - Bregman
SS - Story
MI - Mondesi
CI - Shaw
OF - Betts
OF - Harper
OF - Domingod
Util - Gallo
Util - Dahl

SP - Strasburg
SP - Clevinger
SP - Flaherty
SP - Marquez
SP - L. Castillo
SP - Maeda
SP - Matz
SP - Musgrove
SP - Glasnow
SP - Bieber
RP - Aroldis, Yates

1. lose any of Dahl, Shaw for Robles, Puig, Bell, Eloy, Castellanos, Donaldson, Braun, Meadows, Mancini, Hicks, Franco, Voit?

2. would you trade Clevinger/Mondesi for Yelich or Trout?
1.Yes, Robles and Puig

2. Sure
Grey Albright

Thanks!

the Yak

Postby the Yak » Sat May 18, 2019 7:00 am

C - Contreras
1B - Muncy
2B - Baez
3B - Bregman
SS - Story
MI - Mondesi
CI - Gallo
OF - Betts
OF - Harper
OF - Domingod
Util - Robles
Util - Puig

SP - Strasburg
SP - Clevinger
SP - Flaherty
SP - Marquez
SP - L. Castillo
SP - Maeda
SP - Matz
SP - Musgrove
SP - Glasnow
SP - Bieber
RP - Aroldis, Yates

a. drop Puig, Robles, or Domingod for any of best hitters avail: E. Escobar, Braun, Voit, C. Seager, Chavis, Hicks, Rodgers, Hiura, G. Polanco

b. would you be looking to trade Mondesi for one of deGrom, Cole, Verlander, Snell, Scherzer (given I could pencil in Rodgers or one of those above available hitters?)

3. I'm getting antsy cause it's shallow. any initial trade avenues you'd be exploring? or sit tight. my team is off to a good start but always looking to improve.

Grey

Postby Grey » Sat May 18, 2019 8:52 am

C - Contreras
1B - Muncy
2B - Baez
3B - Bregman
SS - Story
MI - Mondesi
CI - Gallo
OF - Betts
OF - Harper
OF - Domingod
Util - Robles
Util - Puig

SP - Strasburg
SP - Clevinger
SP - Flaherty
SP - Marquez
SP - L. Castillo
SP - Maeda
SP - Matz
SP - Musgrove
SP - Glasnow
SP - Bieber
RP - Aroldis, Yates

a. drop Puig, Robles, or Domingod for any of best hitters avail: E. Escobar, Braun, Voit, C. Seager, Chavis, Hicks, Rodgers, Hiura, G. Polanco

b. would you be looking to trade Mondesi for one of deGrom, Cole, Verlander, Snell, Scherzer (given I could pencil in Rodgers or one of those above available hitters?)

3. I'm getting antsy cause it's shallow. any initial trade avenues you'd be exploring? or sit tight. my team is off to a good start but always looking to improve.
A. Nope B. Nope 3. Meh
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”