Help With Roster Changes

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
LadyScorpio
Sponsor
Sponsor

Help With Roster Changes

Postby LadyScorpio » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:32 am

Hi Grey!

Well, my team's finally out of the dungeon in my 10 team league. Moved up from 9th to 6th and I'm not far removed from taking over 5th. LOTS of improvement in the last couple of weeks. Still, I need to make MORE improvements in order to move even further up. I am last in Ks and have resolved that I won't be able to catch up, so I'm thinking that I should boost my pitching in the areas where I can actually benefit. With that said, I was thinking about adding either Betances or Justin Miller as RPs to strengthen my ERA, WHIP, K/BB and get the occasional save/win. Or, I could roll the dice by adding either Duffy, Lynn or Richard and see where it goes. What would you suggest? My selections for SPs hasn't been good this season. I've been hounded by injuries...Reyes, Ohtani, Cahill, Buehler, Soroka. Please advise.

Also, Schoop has been a HUGE disappointment since coming off the DL. Someone in my league has E. Escobar, Villar & Baez. Would like to get Escobar or Villar in a trade. The guy has a pretty balanced team, so I don't know whom I should offer to him in a trade. Please advise.

Would you drop Calhoun and add Kyle Preston? Please Advise. Lastly, will need to drop someone when Acuna returns. Whom would you recommend I give the ax to? Please advise.

To recap...10 team, roto, 6x6, keeper league

C - Cervelli
1B - Freeman
2B - Schoop
SS - Asdrubal
3B - Andujar
CI - Gallo
MI - Profar
OF - Trout, Cruz, Springer & Dickerson (added Corey instead of M. Taylor, helped my avg and ops ALOT!!)
U - Inciarte & Kemp
BN - Calhoun
SP - Berrios, Happ, Soroka, Rodon, Buchholz, Foltynewicz, Buehler (DL) & Ohtani (DL)
RPs - Treinen, Rondon, Greene & Rodney

Thanks for ALL of your help!

Very appreciative,
LadyScorpio
(1 of 5 Female Razzball Readers and proud of it!!! :D)

Grey

Re: Help With Roster Changes

Postby Grey » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:47 am

Hi Grey!

Well, my team's finally out of the dungeon in my 10 team league. Moved up from 9th to 6th and I'm not far removed from taking over 5th. LOTS of improvement in the last couple of weeks. Still, I need to make MORE improvements in order to move even further up. I am last in Ks and have resolved that I won't be able to catch up, so I'm thinking that I should boost my pitching in the areas where I can actually benefit. With that said, I was thinking about adding either Betances or Justin Miller as RPs to strengthen my ERA, WHIP, K/BB and get the occasional save/win. Or, I could roll the dice by adding either Duffy, Lynn or Richard and see where it goes. What would you suggest? My selections for SPs hasn't been good this season. I've been hounded by injuries...Reyes, Ohtani, Cahill, Buehler, Soroka. Please advise.

Also, Schoop has been a HUGE disappointment since coming off the DL. Someone in my league has E. Escobar, Villar & Baez. Would like to get Escobar or Villar in a trade. The guy has a pretty balanced team, so I don't know whom I should offer to him in a trade. Please advise.

Would you drop Calhoun and add Kyle Preston? Please Advise. Lastly, will need to drop someone when Acuna returns. Whom would you recommend I give the ax to? Please advise.

To recap...10 team, roto, 6x6, keeper league

C - Cervelli
1B - Freeman
2B - Schoop
SS - Asdrubal
3B - Andujar
CI - Gallo
MI - Profar
OF - Trout, Cruz, Springer & Dickerson (added Corey instead of M. Taylor, helped my avg and ops ALOT!!)
U - Inciarte & Kemp
BN - Calhoun
SP - Berrios, Happ, Soroka, Rodon, Buchholz, Foltynewicz, Buehler (DL) & Ohtani (DL)
RPs - Treinen, Rondon, Greene & Rodney

Thanks for ALL of your help!

Very appreciative,
LadyScorpio
Miller...Don't touch those SPs

Yeah, Schoop's garbage at this point... Kemp for Baez? Rodon/Kemp for Baez? Kemp for Villar?

Drop Calhoun for Acuna's return, forget Preston for now
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

LadyScorpio
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Help With Roster Changes Pt. 2

Postby LadyScorpio » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:16 pm

Hi Grey!

Thanks SO MUCH for your response to my previous email/inquiry. I added Justin Miller and dropped Buchholz. My revised squad is as follows:

C- Cervelli
1B - Freeman
2B - Schoop
SS - Asdrubal
3B - Andujar
CI - Gallo
MI - Profar
OF - Trout, Cruz, Dickerson & Springer
U - Kemp & Inciarte
BN - Acuna (DL) Calhoun (DL)
SP - Berrios, Happ, Soroka, Rodon, Foltynewicz, Buehler (DL) & Ohtani (DL)
RP - Treinen, Rondon, Greene, Rodney, Lugo & J. Miller

Per your advice, I WILL NOT go near Lynn, Duffy or Richard. The clown in my league that has Villar rejected my trade. So...the following guys are available at 2B on waivers in my league: Gyorko, Kingery, Descalso, Dietrich, Duffy, Happ, and Holt. Please advise.

Lastly, as of this writing, I'm now in 5th place!!! YES!!! It had more to do with last night's good pitching than hitting. I'm hopeful that Lugo and Miller will help bring down my team's ERA and WHIP and raise my K/BB.

Thanks again for all your help!
LadyScorpio
(1 of 5 Female Razzball Readers and proud of it!!! :D)

Grey

Re: Help With Roster Changes

Postby Grey » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:13 am

Try Duffy for now while he's hot
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”