Yay baseball time! Keeper help pleaseeee

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
phillyrulez04

Yay baseball time! Keeper help pleaseeee

Postby phillyrulez04 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:30 pm

12 team - standard 5x5 - head-to-head league. We keep 6 in the round previously drafted for 3 seasons. Here are my options worthy of consideration:

JD Martinez - 4th round (year 3/3)
Gary Sanchez - 9th round (year 2/3)
Whit Merrifield - 10th round (year 1/3)
Yoan Moncada - 13th round (year 1/3)
Garrett Richards - 15th round (year 1/3)
Trea Turner - 17th round (year 2/3)
Sonny Gray - 20th round (year 1/3)
Alex Cobb - 20th round (year 1/3)
Lucas Giolito - 21st round (year 1/3)
Carlos Rodon - 21st round (year 1/3)
Manny Margot - 22nd round (year 1/3)
Mitch Haniger - 22nd round (year 1/3)

My thoughts:
In addition to my own picks in rounds 1-4, I have an extra 2nd, an extra 3rd, and two extra 4th round picks. So I was thinking of keeping JD Martinez (even though the 4th round isn't super great value) because he'll be the 8th player I draft. (I'd keep him with the latest of my three 4th round picks)

I feel like Sanchez, Gray and Turner are gimmes considering the round I can keep them in.

That leaves two spots for the other eight options. I'm very open to arguments. There are pros and cons to almost everyone on the list. The fact that guys are keep-able in the same round is almost irrelevant, so don't let that factor into any thoughts.

Thanks in advance! I'll try to offer my own advice on other threads if I disagree with what advice has already been given.

Grey

Re: Yay baseball time! Keeper help pleaseeee

Postby Grey » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:39 am

12 team - standard 5x5 - head-to-head league. We keep 6 in the round previously drafted for 3 seasons. Here are my options worthy of consideration:

JD Martinez - 4th round (year 3/3)
Gary Sanchez - 9th round (year 2/3)
Whit Merrifield - 10th round (year 1/3)
Yoan Moncada - 13th round (year 1/3)
Garrett Richards - 15th round (year 1/3)
Trea Turner - 17th round (year 2/3)
Sonny Gray - 20th round (year 1/3)
Alex Cobb - 20th round (year 1/3)
Lucas Giolito - 21st round (year 1/3)
Carlos Rodon - 21st round (year 1/3)
Manny Margot - 22nd round (year 1/3)
Mitch Haniger - 22nd round (year 1/3)

My thoughts:
In addition to my own picks in rounds 1-4, I have an extra 2nd, an extra 3rd, and two extra 4th round picks. So I was thinking of keeping JD Martinez (even though the 4th round isn't super great value) because he'll be the 8th player I draft. (I'd keep him with the latest of my three 4th round picks)

I feel like Sanchez, Gray and Turner are gimmes considering the round I can keep them in.

That leaves two spots for the other eight options. I'm very open to arguments. There are pros and cons to almost everyone on the list. The fact that guys are keep-able in the same round is almost irrelevant, so don't let that factor into any thoughts.

Thanks in advance! I'll try to offer my own advice on other threads if I disagree with what advice has already been given.
Sanchez, Gray, Turner, JD, Merrifield, Moncada
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

phillyrulez04

Postby phillyrulez04 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:38 pm

What's the reasoning for Merrifield over Margot?

Aside from the batting average, they're basically projected to be the same player. Seems to be a good bet that Whit's runs and RBI will be down a bit with all of the players KC has lost. If Margot plays a full season and stays the course or even get a bit better, seems likely that he'd surpass or at least tie Merrifield in most, if not all, categories. Plus, Margot is keepable 12 rounds later.

Grey

Postby Grey » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:28 am

I almost said Margot, so if you prefer him, it works for me... I was just assuming you can get Margot back for relative cheap
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”