Keeper Selection

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
Carmackjw

Keeper Selection

Postby Carmackjw » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:28 am

12 team H2H Pts league, 40 man roster, $400 auction cap, Keep 15 per year, values increase to $18 in second year kept & $3 per year thereafter, Max 14 starts per week

This league is a points h2h league in which pitching tends to dominate the standings; thus 14 starts makes it crucial to have some studs at SP. I usually do not keep RPs unless they are exceptional value; I also generally do not keep catchers. Here are my options this year (pick 15). The "*" are the ones I'm leaning towards. *** = guaranteed keeper; * = debating. Thoughts on my debates???

M Wieters $10
Zunino $3

***A Rizzo $21
E Encarnacion $42
*M Olson $1
***R Hoskins $1
A Rendon $22

*D Murphy $18
*B Dozier $24
T Beckham $1
J Pirela $3
*B Rodgers $3

***M Betts $24
J Bradley Jr. $18
K Kiermaier $16
D Deshields $1
***R Acuna $2

***Scherzer $33
***Bumgarner $32
***J Gray $18
R Hill $18
***C Martinez $23
*L McCullers $21
***S Gray $24
***A Reyes $8
*J Berrios $3
*J Quintana $24
***W Buehler $8
T Walker $20
J Cueto $24
L Perdomo $5
M Boyd $2

W Davis $21
R Osuna $18
A Chapman $18
Claudio $1
Treinen $1

I have 11 (3 stars- guaranteed keepers); I need opinions on 4 more- select 4 of the single star players
12 team H2H Pts league, 40 man roster, $400 auction cap, Keep 15 per year, values increase to $18 in second year kept & $3 per year thereafter, Max 14 starts per week

Carmackjw

Re: Keeper Selection

Postby Carmackjw » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:40 am

Basically choose 4 of the following: (leaning equity-relative to draftday cost next year).

*M Olson $1
*D Murphy $18
*B Dozier $24
*B Rodgers $3 (will he be up in '18)
*L McCullers $21 (will he be in rotation or pen)
*J Berrios $3
*J Quintana $24

Grey

Postby Grey » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:49 am

Basically choose 4 of the following: (leaning equity-relative to draftday cost next year).

*M Olson $1
*D Murphy $18
*B Dozier $24
*B Rodgers $3 (will he be up in '18)
*L McCullers $21 (will he be in rotation or pen)
*J Berrios $3
*J Quintana $24
Dozier, Olson, Murphy, Berrios
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Carmackjw

Postby Carmackjw » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:03 am

Thanks grey.

Scissors to Rudy's fro, D Murphy at $18 or Dozier at $24 (pick one).

With only taking one of the above versus two, who would keeper 15 be (make it a SP).

(McCullers at $21 (siera 3.41)) or Quintana at $24 (siera 3.83))

Grey

Postby Grey » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:41 am

Thanks grey.

Scissors to Rudy's fro, D Murphy at $18 or Dozier at $24 (pick one).

With only taking one of the above versus two, who would keeper 15 be (make it a SP).

(McCullers at $21 (siera 3.41)) or Quintana at $24 (siera 3.83))
Murphy -- Quintana
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”