Players to eliminate from my keeper list...

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
Lucc
Sponsor
Sponsor

Players to eliminate from my keeper list...

Postby Lucc » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:21 am

I need to eliminate 6 from the list below and need some help who to keep, who to trade and who to toss back.

Escobar maybe not a keeper, however when I think about how important those SB were last year, I tossed him in the mix. Xander, Gray, Stroman have a ton of value since there are teams that look for young players for their long term plans, including myself.

Pablo's move to boston has me intrigued. Adams platoon has me depressed. Victor is old but hard to ignore what he did last year and the lineup got better.

Outside of trading Jordan Zimmermann for Altuve before last years draft, Brantley was my MVP. I wonder if I should trade him at his high point or hold him for peak years as if his progression is real?

Easy enough to coin flip the closers. Generally I'd eliminate them both, however it always becomes an issue during the draft chasing saves early and has proven to more of a detriment than a wise value decision.

Thanks for any input, I know it's early but I like to get a gameplan going so when other teams start looking I have an idea of who I want to move....

Martinez, Victor(1B) DET
Altuve, Jose(2B) HOU
Sandoval, Pablo(3B) BOS
Escobar, Alcides(SS) KC
Bogaerts, Xander(3B,SS) BOS
Frazier, Todd(1B,3B) CIN
Brantley, Michael(OF) CLE
Jones, Adam(OF) BAL
McCutchen, Andrew(OF) PIT
Adams, Matt(1B) STL

Allen, Cody(P) CLE
Bumgarner, Madison(P) SF
Cueto, Johnny(P) CIN
Gray, Sonny(P) OAK
Price, David(P) DET
Robertson, David(P) CHW
Stroman, Marcus(P) TOR
13 Tm Mixed 11 Major 3 Minor Keeper "Midnight Crazies" (Est. 2003, 2014 Champion, 2015 runner up)
Batters
C
1B Abreu, Jose (Keeper) (trade jones, Lester, Joe Ross & Brantley)
2B Altuve, Jose (Keeper)
3B Frazier, Todd (Keeper)
SS Bogaerts, Xander (Keeper)
MI
CI Donaldson, Josh (Keeper)
OF McCutchen, Andrew (Keeper)
OF Cespedes, Yoenis (keeper) (trade puig)
OF Grichuk, Randal (Keeper)
OF
OF
DH
DH

Pitchers
P Bumgarner, Madison (keeper)
P Archer, Chris (Keeper)
P Rodon, Carlos (Keeper)
P
P
P
P
P
P
p

Minor - David Dahl
Minor - Max Kepler
Minor - Sean Manaea

Grey

Re: Players to eliminate from my keeper list...

Postby Grey » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:01 am

Martinez, Victor(1B) DET
Altuve, Jose(2B) HOU
Sandoval, Pablo(3B) BOS
Bogaerts, Xander(3B,SS) BOS
Frazier, Todd(1B,3B) CIN
Brantley, Michael(OF) CLE
Jones, Adam(OF) BAL
McCutchen, Andrew(OF) PIT
Adams, Matt(1B) STL

Bumgarner, Madison(P) SF
Cueto, Johnny(P) CIN
Price, David(P) DET
I removed six
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Lucc
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Players to eliminate from my keeper list...

Postby Lucc » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:13 pm

Cool, thanks. Hate breaking up good teams, but I guess it's better than having a shitty one...

I might even just sit tight and not trade as difficult as that is. They'll be no Trout's or Stanton's coming my way, hard to see where I'd benefit as much as a trading partner moving one of these 11 plus another 1 or 2 you cut. Plenty of time but thanks, I wanted to get a solid keeper base before the league starts getting active again..
13 Tm Mixed 11 Major 3 Minor Keeper "Midnight Crazies" (Est. 2003, 2014 Champion, 2015 runner up)
Batters
C
1B Abreu, Jose (Keeper) (trade jones, Lester, Joe Ross & Brantley)
2B Altuve, Jose (Keeper)
3B Frazier, Todd (Keeper)
SS Bogaerts, Xander (Keeper)
MI
CI Donaldson, Josh (Keeper)
OF McCutchen, Andrew (Keeper)
OF Cespedes, Yoenis (keeper) (trade puig)
OF Grichuk, Randal (Keeper)
OF
OF
DH
DH

Pitchers
P Bumgarner, Madison (keeper)
P Archer, Chris (Keeper)
P Rodon, Carlos (Keeper)
P
P
P