What Happenned? Hitting on my team went Kaput!

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
blakeas

What Happenned? Hitting on my team went Kaput!

Postby blakeas » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:35 pm

I am in a Pts league and I ended in the bottom 3 for HR, runs and RBI's with the following Lineup and when I drafted them:

C: S Perez ( 19th round)
1B: F freeman (4th round)
2B: J Baez (had J Gyrko - 10th round, N Walker, & D Muphy)
3B: P Sandoval (had N Arendo, R Zimmerman - 5th round)
SS: E Andrus (7th round)
OF: B Harper (3rd round)
OF: A McCuthcen (1st round)
OF: A Jones (2nd round)
U: A Rios - 8th round (had J Willingham, J Morneau, C beltran, M Cuddyer - 17th round)

Went went wrong? did I draft the wrong players? I was near the top of the standings in singles, 2B's, 3B's and the bottom in BB, HR, R, RBI's. Did I draft wrong for my league or did harper and Zimmerman screw me? I only had 12 add/drops all season. Just want to be sure that this doesn't happen again - buy in was $100. Suggestions for next year?

Grey

Re: What Happenned? Hitting on my team went Kaput!

Postby Grey » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:32 pm

No idea how many teams
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

blakeas

Postby blakeas » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:28 am

there were 10 teams

Grey

Postby Grey » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:38 pm

You have two guys that finished close to their value -- McCutchen and Jones and a team filled with guys that underperformed... Bryce Harper was just about the worst OF you could have starting every day, Rios was a 2nd close...Freeman wasn't any good, Sandoval wasn't great, Andrus, Baez... Not sure what you mean by what happened, but these guys weren't good this past year...
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

blakeas

Postby blakeas » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:31 am

with only 12 pickups I could only do so much. I also had a ton of injuries on the Pitching side. Should I have just dropped most of the guys you mentioned and got replacements on the waiver wire? in a 10 team league there were options. You see who I did pickup in parantheses due to injury

Grey

Postby Grey » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:23 am

The guys you picked up weren't that good either...
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”