Team 2 - Thoughts?

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
Stumanji

Team 2 - Thoughts?

Postby Stumanji » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:05 pm

10 tm H2H, 5 keepers, cats are R, HR, RBI, SB, Total Bases, OBP, ERA, K, WHIP, SV, QS, and IP (min 10 IP)

C Wilin Rosario $12
1B Paul Goldschmidt 16 (Keeper)
2B Robinson Cano 33
3B Nolan Arenado 6
SS Hanley Ramirez 13 (K)
2B/SS Aaron Hill 13
1B/3B Anthony Rizzo 4 (K)
OF Yasiel Puig 3 (K)
OF Jay Bruce 35
OF Shin-Soo Choo 22
OF Josh Hamilton 14
OF Coco Crisp 2
UTIL Mike Moustakas 1
P Francisco Liriano 4
P Sonny Gray 6
P Justin Masterson 4
P Tony Cingrani 8
SP Gerrit Cole 3 (K)
SP David Price 26
SP Alex Cobb 16
RP Huston Street 2
RP Casey Janssen 3
BE Corey Kluber 3
BE J.J. Hoover 1 (prob will drop for a real closer available on the WW)
BE Rick Porcello 3
BE Matt Harvey 1

My strategy was to sit out the really expensive guys, especially among pitchers, and fill my staff with a lot of quality 2nd tier guys since categories are IP and QS. Basically I wanted quantity (with very good SPs) rather than "Studs 'n Duds." I probably could have started buying a little sooner/aimed a little higher since I ended up with $6 left over (hate that), although that allowed me to grab the Kluber/Porcello/Harvey guys at the end w/o worrying about getting outbid. I had to overpay a bit for Bruce but he was really the only good OF left after I passed on all the TOP top guys. It's always strange looking back on a draft and wondering why I decided to draft Josh Hamilton..he's one of those guys you nominate because you hate them/in order to get other guys to spend their money and somehow you end up drafting him. I'll take him as a 4th OF, I guess.

Most concerned about my 3B/Util situation. Some notable WW guys: Asche, Frazier, Brad Miller, Willingham, Calhoun.

Thoughts?

Grey

Re: Team 2 - Thoughts?

Postby Grey » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:51 pm

10 tm H2H, 5 keepers, cats are R, HR, RBI, SB, Total Bases, OBP, ERA, K, WHIP, SV, QS, and IP (min 10 IP)

C Wilin Rosario $12
1B Paul Goldschmidt 16 (Keeper)
2B Robinson Cano 33
3B Nolan Arenado 6
SS Hanley Ramirez 13 (K)
2B/SS Aaron Hill 13
1B/3B Anthony Rizzo 4 (K)
OF Yasiel Puig 3 (K)
OF Jay Bruce 35
OF Shin-Soo Choo 22
OF Josh Hamilton 14
OF Coco Crisp 2
UTIL Mike Moustakas 1
P Francisco Liriano 4
P Sonny Gray 6
P Justin Masterson 4
P Tony Cingrani 8
SP Gerrit Cole 3 (K)
SP David Price 26
SP Alex Cobb 16
RP Huston Street 2
RP Casey Janssen 3
BE Corey Kluber 3
BE J.J. Hoover 1 (prob will drop for a real closer available on the WW)
BE Rick Porcello 3
BE Matt Harvey 1
The hitting looks like a decent combo of power and speed... Pitching looks pretty solid, I don't like Price, but hopefully he works out for you
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”