Team balance - roster help

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
superslugger

Team balance - roster help

Postby superslugger » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:43 am

H2H Team in the signature. Work league where the draft is forced to auto-draft, so only so much you can do to work the system and get who you want. I ended up with 3 starting caliber 1b's in Votto, Pujols, and Abreu. I have an offer of J-Up for Pujols. My team feels a little slow, especially since Leonys will be the odd man out on this roster most days. Also, for pitchers, Archer and Porcello are the highest ranked SP's that went undrafted. Clearly get rid of Parker of one of those guys, but anyone else to drop straight away? Thanks!
ESPN 10-team H2H custom categories
H R HR TB RBI K SB AVG OBP OPS
H BB K QS W L SV ERA WHIP
C Evan Gattis
1B Jose Abreu
2B Chase Utley
3B Miguel Cabrera
SS Alcides Escobar
OF Alex Gordon
OF Jose Bautista
OF Gregory Polanco
UTIL Jayson Werth
Bench Bryce Harper
Bench Oscar Tavares
Bench George Springer
Bench Joey Votto
Bench Jean Segura
Bench Albert Pujols
SP Scott Kazmir
SP Julio Teheran
SP Sonny Gray
SP Nate Eovaldi
SP Zach Britton
RP Cody Allen
RP Rafael Soriano
Bench Dallas Keuchel
Bench Alex Cobb

Grey

Re: Team balance - roster help

Postby Grey » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:01 am

Martin is never gonna play on your team, especially if you get Upton... I'd also lose Parker for Porcello... or Archer...
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

superslugger

Postby superslugger » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:26 am

So do you think the Pujols / Upton trade is worth pursuing in H2H? I think that if I get Upton, he replaces Myers in my OF and Beltran becomes my UTIL guy. I'm not sure the small amount of speed Upton has (15 SBs?) over Myers makes much a difference H2H-wise? Not to mention Upton is pretty streaky... Should probably try and get a SP instead?
ESPN 10-team H2H custom categories
H R HR TB RBI K SB AVG OBP OPS
H BB K QS W L SV ERA WHIP
C Evan Gattis
1B Jose Abreu
2B Chase Utley
3B Miguel Cabrera
SS Alcides Escobar
OF Alex Gordon
OF Jose Bautista
OF Gregory Polanco
UTIL Jayson Werth
Bench Bryce Harper
Bench Oscar Tavares
Bench George Springer
Bench Joey Votto
Bench Jean Segura
Bench Albert Pujols
SP Scott Kazmir
SP Julio Teheran
SP Sonny Gray
SP Nate Eovaldi
SP Zach Britton
RP Cody Allen
RP Rafael Soriano
Bench Dallas Keuchel
Bench Alex Cobb

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:41 pm

Get Upton
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”