First Draft of the Year

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
jreason11

First Draft of the Year

Postby jreason11 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:33 pm

Pinch drafted for a buddy in a bind 12 team 6x6 with ops and qs added. 1250 IP limit. Keep 7

C-Maurer (K)
1- Davis (K)
2- Pedroia (K)
SS- Reyes (K)
3B- Miggy (K)
OF- Gordon
OF- Moss
OF- Martin
OF-Venuable
UTIL- Freeman (K)
BENCH: Simmons, Belt, Upton

SP- MadBum (K)
SP- Cain
SP- Fister
SP- Masterson
SP- Tillman
RP Janssen
Rp-Jones

DL- Harvey

Well, I think it ended up a solid team that can compete and reaches many 1-3 place values from the previous season, but I certainly don't love it. He had 8th pick in the 8th round (Gordon was best available OF) and didn't pick again until 8th in the 3rd (Cain). These were the two targets pre draft and it worked out well. All of the young upside pitching went early, with Gray being the last of the targets going a few picks after Cain. The best 5 OF going back were Gordon, Bhamilton, Werth, Beltran, and maybe Cruz or Cudd.

If anything this taught me that there is very few value picks in the outfield, while the value picks at 2b/ss last much longer. Keeping Maurer, Pedroia, and Reyes hurt, as I would have loved to have a more stable, complete outfield matched with a Gyorko/Altuve Simmons/Castro/Villar.

What do you think? Has anyone every went into rd8 with no OF before? Trade Maurer or Reyes for OF and SP, maybe a RP in a position for future saves? Anything else?

@friendoffantasy
12 team 6 keeper.

C-
1B- Goldschmidt
2B-
3B-Machado
SS-
OF- Bautista
OF- Bruce
OF- Rios
OF- Puig
UTIL- Longoria

Bench: Pujols,

SP- Harvey, Miller, Samardzija, Cole
RP-

theearly90s

Re: First Draft of the Year

Postby theearly90s » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:21 am

dude, no one cares.
Yahoo 10 team H2H
Batting: H, R, 2B, 3B, HR, AVG, SB, K, BB
Pitching: W, L, SV, K, BB, WHIP, ERA, CG

jreason11

Postby jreason11 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:47 am

Scroll and move on, friend. BTW, you're giving up to much.
12 team 6 keeper.

C-
1B- Goldschmidt
2B-
3B-Machado
SS-
OF- Bautista
OF- Bruce
OF- Rios
OF- Puig
UTIL- Longoria

Bench: Pujols,

SP- Harvey, Miller, Samardzija, Cole
RP-

Grey

Postby Grey » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:23 am

C-Maurer (K)
1- Davis (K)
2- Pedroia (K)
SS- Reyes (K)
3B- Miggy (K)
OF- Gordon
OF- Moss
OF- Martin
OF-Venuable
UTIL- Freeman (K)
BENCH: Simmons, Belt, Upton

SP- MadBum (K)
SP- Cain
SP- Fister
SP- Masterson
SP- Tillman
RP Janssen
Rp-Jones

I agree, it's solid... Pitching is light on starters and the bench bats are irrelevant... Maybe keep one -- Say Upton for upside or Andrelton to back up Reyes, I guess, not really sure why he needs to be backed up right now though... Your relievers are a tad weak too... Not big issues...
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

jreason11

Postby jreason11 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:10 am

All 3 bench bats were taking after 225, where I figured the pitchers left were going to be dropped regardless to fit whatever strategy he wanted to go with, and the value was there to draft bench bats. By drafting belt and AS, I believed it would give him a chance to trade one of Davis/Freeman/Reyes + a piece to improve OF and SP/RP- while having a serviceable SS or UTIL left to plug in. On a team I knew I was going to manage and follow through with, those picks would have been P's of personal preference.

Thanks for input.
12 team 6 keeper.

C-
1B- Goldschmidt
2B-
3B-Machado
SS-
OF- Bautista
OF- Bruce
OF- Rios
OF- Puig
UTIL- Longoria