Thoughts on my team?

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
blurred

Thoughts on my team?

Postby blurred » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:16 am

This was a bit of an interesting one - I was trying to juggle the live draft while working covering an event on Saturday night. Going last in the first round meant my picks were together, so consequently I got shafted on more than one auto-pick when I missed my turn, compounded by the fact that autopicks were paired.

It's not a complete train-wreck, but it'll take some putting back together. It's a 14-team ESPN 5x5 roto league with a 25 man roster. Let me know where you think I'll be struggling most and which stat(s) I should be eyeing off the waiver wire as I'll have to be using my DL spot and dropping one or two players straight away. The starting pitching is obviously a concern, but with it being a deep league I'm going to have to scrape through the dregs to find some wins and Ks...

Hitters: M Montero, Butler, Barney, Beltre, Rutledge, Cozart, Teixeira, Stanton, Choo, Willingham, Beltran, Aoki, Berkman, d'Arnaud, Martin, Arenado
Pitchers: Greinke, Latos, Fister, Axford, Wilhelmsen, Madson, Porcello, Iwakuma, Straily

Mauddib

Re: Thoughts on my team?

Postby Mauddib » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:50 am

Not a lot of good to say. Your infield is pretty weak. A little upside here but not as much as you would want. Your OF is pretty strong though so that is nice. SP is pretty thin and with the worry about Greinke it has a chance to be a real disaster.

It isn't so bad that you can't fix it but you will have to jump on guys pretty quickly on the WW through out the year to get this turned around.

blurred

Re: Thoughts on my team?

Postby blurred » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:20 am

Yep - Greinke isn't on my shortlist in most mock drafts but I got lumbered with him and Butler with I think the 3rd/4th picks. I wouldn't have picked a 1B that early, either, out of choice.

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”