Team in free fall... any hope?

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
JD, the Hockey Man

Team in free fall... any hope?

Postby JD, the Hockey Man » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:56 pm

Daily Roto 10 Team Keeper || 35 move limit (27 used) || 7x7 (R / HR / RBI / SB / K / AVG / OPS) x (W / L / SV / K / HLD / ERA / WHIP)
Keepers - 5 max / $8 cap (Bruce - $2.00, Montero - ¢.70, Cain - $1.60, Bumgarner - $1.40, Zimmerman - ¢.30)

C - Jesus
1B - Goldschmidt
2B - B. Phillips
3B - Wright
SS - Elvis
OF - Braun
OF - Bruce
OF - Trumbo
OF - Morse
UTIL - Morneau
BN - J. Upton

SP - Lee, Cain, Bumgarner, J. Zimmerman, Kuroda, Hellickson, Karstens, Straily
RP - Chapman, J. Johnson, A. Reed, Wilhelmsen, M. Boggs, D. Hernandez
DL - Garza, Beachy, Bailey, Marcum

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this team was utterly dominant for most of the season. From week 1 until about two weeks ago I was up on 2nd place by as much as 22.5 points. I went from 110 overall to 93 and continuing to drop by a few points a day and every move I've made to help arrest the decent has been a disaster:

- Fell to last place in HLD and W: Added Boggs for HLD help who, after 18 scoreless made his first appearance for me and posted an ERA of 108. Bully! Added Hellickson, Karstens and Straily for flier W help due to injuries and found little there, Karstens has been the "best" of the three. Yar!

- Watched R, HR, RBI, AVG and OPS leads dwindle and die and lost a collective 14 points there. So far I've added Morneau and benched Upton, my instinct is to hold fast and hope the team wakes up again, but I'm not sure...

Wire options:

Torii Hunter
Chris Johnson
Matt Weiters (just dropped last week)
Ryan Doumit
Chris Carter
Kendrys Morales
Justin Ruggiano
Anthony Rizzo
Glass Chipper
Josh Rutledge
Starling Marte

Nothing of note on the wire for pitching, I was hoping that Marcum would come back and help with W, Bailey with HLD while he sets up Aceves. I'm dominanting in ERA (1st), WHIP (1st), SV (1st), K (3rd) and L (2nd)... but last in W and HLD.

My questions:

- Is this team out of gas or just slumping at a horrible time but has enough pop to claw back into 1st?

- Should I drop Montero (and lose the keeper) and add Weiters? Is it worth losing Montero as a keeper to add Weiters now? I'd probably keep Wright at .60 if Montero was cut.

- Should I make any drastic moves and add someone from the wire list? I look up and down my lineup and I see few bats that are droppable outside of Montero if the keeper isn't worth the hit I'm taking in the short term, maybe cut ties with Upton? Hard for me to stomach that one.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Grey

Re: Team in free fall... any hope?

Postby Grey » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:29 pm

Daily Roto 10 Team Keeper || 35 move limit (27 used) || 7x7 (R / HR / RBI / SB / K / AVG / OPS) x (W / L / SV / K / HLD / ERA / WHIP)
Keepers - 5 max / $8 cap (Bruce - $2.00, Montero - ¢.70, Cain - $1.60, Bumgarner - $1.40, Zimmerman - ¢.30)

C - Jesus
1B - Goldschmidt
2B - B. Phillips
3B - Wright
SS - Elvis
OF - Braun
OF - Bruce
OF - Trumbo
OF - Morse
UTIL - Morneau
BN - J. Upton

SP - Lee, Cain, Bumgarner, J. Zimmerman, Kuroda, Hellickson, Karstens, Straily
RP - Chapman, J. Johnson, A. Reed, Wilhelmsen, M. Boggs, D. Hernandez
DL - Garza, Beachy, Bailey, Marcum

Torii Hunter
Chris Johnson
Matt Weiters (just dropped last week)
Ryan Doumit
Chris Carter
Kendrys Morales
Justin Ruggiano
Anthony Rizzo
Glass Chipper
Josh Rutledge
Starling Marte

Nothing of note on the wire for pitching, I was hoping that Marcum would come back and help with W, Bailey with HLD while he sets up Aceves. I'm dominanting in ERA (1st), WHIP (1st), SV (1st), K (3rd) and L (2nd)... but last in W and HLD.

My questions:

- Is this team out of gas or just slumping at a horrible time but has enough pop to claw back into 1st?

- Should I drop Montero (and lose the keeper) and add Weiters? Is it worth losing Montero as a keeper to add Weiters now? I'd probably keep Wright at .60 if Montero was cut.

- Should I make any drastic moves and add someone from the wire list? I look up and down my lineup and I see few bats that are droppable outside of Montero if the keeper isn't worth the hit I'm taking in the short term, maybe cut ties with Upton? Hard for me to stomach that one.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
I doubt that this: Kuroda, Hellickson, Karstens -- is better than matchups you can play off of waivers for pitchers. If Wieters is on waivers, Montero isn't much of a keeper. Morneau should be on waivers, Ruggiano should be playing over Bruce and UTIL should be Upton... Your league's too shallow to not be playing hot hands...
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

JD, the Hockey Man

Postby JD, the Hockey Man » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:41 pm

I doubt that this: Kuroda, Hellickson, Karstens -- is better than matchups you can play off of waivers for pitchers. If Wieters is on waivers, Montero isn't much of a keeper. Morneau should be on waivers, Ruggiano should be playing over Bruce and UTIL should be Upton... Your league's too shallow to not be playing hot hands...
Thanks Grey! I cut Montero for Weiters... but drop Morneau for Ruggiano? I mean I'm not a huge fan but talk about a hot hand; he has been hitting well over .300 since the ASB and he's starting to show some pop, too.

Grey

Postby Grey » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Yeah, go for it...
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”