Tim Hudson

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
Big League Chew

Tim Hudson

Postby Big League Chew » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:04 am

Grey

Hudson is about to come off of the DL, and I was wondering if I should drop Oswalt to claim Hudson off of waivers. I have the #4 waiver in a keeper league, and was surprised that the manager dropped Hudson this close to him coming back. I think word is that he's got one more rehab start. Is Hudson worth the waiver? And I'm guessing dropping Oswalt for him makes sense right?

Also, side note - Hill (2B) is available. I'm keeping my eye on him, but do you like Altuve better for my team?
Settings: highly competitive h2h (12 keepers, 27 man, 2 DL, 1 NA) 12 team = R, H, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP, SLG | W, K/BB, K, S+H, K/9, ERA, WHIP, QS

C – Mauer
1B – Fielder
2B - Scooter Gennett
3B – Sandoval
SS - H. Ramirez
OF (4) – J. Upton, Adam Jones, D. Fowler, Avisail Garcia
UT - A. Gonzalez
BN - Andrus, Chris Carter, Kelly Johnson

SP (3) – Hamels, Cingrani, Tanaka
RP (3) - Holland, Rosenthal, Frieri
P (3) - Peralta, Kintzler, Cain
BN - Porcello, Josh Johnson, Smyly, Martin Perez, Wily Peralta

Deltron
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Tim Hudson

Postby Deltron » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:32 am

I would definitely drop Oswalt to pick up Tim Hudson. It's still uncertain as to whether Oswalt will return and if so, when he'll return. Hudson was pretty solid in his last start at triple A and his velocity is almost where it needs to be.
12-teamer, H2H, points, 4 keepers.
Hitters: +1 single, +2 dbl, +3 trpl, +4 HR, +1 RBI, +1 run, +1 BB/HBP, -1 K, +2 SB, -1 CS
Pitchers: +1.5 IP, +1 K, -1 BB/HBP, +5 W, -3 L, +4 S, -2 BS, +3 CG, +10 shutout
Start one player at each position + utility, 4 SPs, 2 RPs. 8 reserves.

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”