Some more help with Andy Dirks, I don't know much about him

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
Joeg414

Some more help with Andy Dirks, I don't know much about him

Postby Joeg414 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:13 pm

Some more help with Andy Dirks, I don't know much about him and may want to pick him up.So is Andy Dirks worth a bench/ spot start? 16 team deep mixed 6x6 non keeper with daily moves.
I have Ellsbury,Choo,Stanton and Fowler in my 4 starting OF spots. With Venable and Nieuwenhuis as backups. I would cut Nieuwenhuis ,I think Dirks will get more AB's and better numbers then both Venable and Nieuwenhuis even with him being a "4th" OF and aginst only righty DH. And only as a backup to my starters.

Grey

Re: Some more help with Andy Dirks, I don't know much about him

Postby Grey » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:19 pm

Hold for now...
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Joeg414

Postby Joeg414 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:23 pm

so you think that capt. kirk is a better "backup" then Dirks?

zatchj62

Postby zatchj62 » Mon May 07, 2012 7:56 pm

I'm probably not the most un-biased of sources (being a Tigers fan), but Dirks has worked his way into LF as an everyday starter lately. He's also been moved up to the #2 spot in the lineup, which is very coveted behind Jackson and in front of Cabrera/Fielder. I've been yelling at Leyland all year (through the TV of course ;)) to start Dirks at LF. His 2011 WAR was the same as Delmon's with less than half at many ABs. Better fielder, better runner, and adds a lefty to the lineup.

Sigh, I've been rambling...but it's my first post, can you blame me? My point is that Dirks should get starter ABs in a solid top half of a lineup. At the very least he'll give you runs, an OK amount of RBIs, with maybe 5-10 steals thrown in the rest of the way. If he's still on your team, I'd drop Veneble for him.

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”